To the motorcyclist on the A57 who made the obscene gesture @ 1710

err no, isn't that exactly what it means.

It has been tested in a court of law and found to be correct and legal, surely that makes it the very definition of 'right'???

I happen to think cycling on the pavement is acceptable as long as your moving at a typical walking pace and if the pavement isn't congested with people. But as a general point, there is such a thing as bad law. Laws can be changed. Being homosexual was illegal once.

Why can't motorcyclists stay in file with all other traffic? what gives them the right filter down the middle? just because they physically can, doesn't mean they should.
Probably because the law allows us to do it...

So you think they might change the law, despite it being tested in court very recently??

Probably because the law allows us to do it...

We've addressed the law side of it. That isn't in question.

It's car drivers like you Alan that is the exact reason I have cameras on my motorbike. Putting yourself in the way of a bike deliberately as you have stated is dangerous driving and if you caused an accident doing this when the bike is doing nothing wrong could result in you getting dealt with severely by the courts, probably losing your licence if the bike has video evidence like I would have. People ride bikes so they don't have to sit in traffic. If you don't like the fact that you have to sit in it and clearly resent the fact that bikes don't, GET A BIKE!

We've addressed the law side of it. That isn't in question.

So really, the only problem is the fact that you dont like being sat in traffic while bikes go past you.

I bet you are one of those people that deliberately pull out further towards the centre to block the bike off...

What bugs me is as a car driver, we are bombarded with "THINK BIKE" and the whole 'be courteous to bikers' pitch, but it's bikers who get so far up your ___ and stay there, it's bikers who take corners at over 100mph, it's bikers who drive into their instant death, it's bikers who drive on the wrong side of the road, it's bikers who are almost all just on the road for thrill seeking.

Yes, I don't like bikers.

It's car drivers like you Alan that is the exact reason I have cameras on my motorbike.

Bike, Cycle, Bus, Lorry, Van AND Car drivers are the reason i have two cameras in my car.

I bet you are one of those people that deliberately pull out further towards the centre to block the bike off...

You should be able to position yourself wherever you like within the defined confines of a lane. Where is the defined lane for motorcyclists to go down the middle? oh yeah, there isn't one! their tyres are literally ON the white lines!

What bugs me is as a car driver, we are bombarded with "THINK BIKE" and the whole 'be courteous to bikers' pitch, but it's bikers who get so far up your ___ and stay there, it's bikers who take corners at over 100mph, it's bikers who drive into their instant death, it's bikers who drive on the wrong side of the road, it's bikers who are almost all just on the road for thrill seeking.

Cornering at 100MPH?

Who was riding it? Rex Smith??

People ride bikes so they don't have to sit in traffic.

Or ride at 150mph+

Edited by zimplistic
spelling

The words 'brush', 'tar' and 'same' spring to mind. I certainly don't ride like that and neither do any of the riders I ride with. Yes you see knobhead bikers but no more than you see the equivalent in cars. That's down to the individual regardless of what they are driving.