Tramlines related aggro?

Very much beg to differ regarding the bold matey. More than a good few fighting related injuries unfortunately as well as the usual drink related stuff.

Not so much "accidents" as you put it but idiots out in force.

I didn't say 'accidents' - as YOU put it - I said accidents/injuries.

Very much beg to differ regarding the bold matey. More than a good few fighting related injuries unfortunately as well as the usual drink related stuff.

A fighting related injury comes under 'accidents/injuries' wouldn't you think? But like I said, town was heaving... ALL day I might add, not just the average weekend evening, which adds to the Maths - Lots of people/lots of walking into roads/lots of unusual drinking/lots of hot weather. What would you expect from that?

It's like saying 'fire increase on bonfire night and fire crews are very busy' - hardly unexpected.

Differ all you like matey :)

Idiots exist and are out in force every weekend. I saw a far better ratio of idiots to non-idiots this weekend than normal weekends :thumbsup:

Where were you btw?

---------- Post added 25-07-2016 at 02:35 ----------

Always odd case when Booze is around odd fights break out , Saying that from what I hear overall its been good .

I keep saying I'm going to go one year but never do lol

:thumbsup: That's what I saw, and I've been all around it for 3 days. Sober though sadly :(:hihi:

Always odd case when Booze is around odd fights break out , Saying that from what I hear overall its been good .

I keep saying I'm going to go one year but never do lol

Too many people for my liking. And too random mix of people too.

Of the places I've seen and passed in the last few days, I think the Doctor's Orders pub (West End, Glossop Road) looked like my scene the most. Outdoor, looks like you could actually get in and get a drink, and what I heard was pretty decent live music in the front open bit.

Everywhere else I saw, was absolutely rammed and looked like my worst nightmare :hihi:

I would say many thousands come back for Tramlines as well as many more who come from other areas for the event.

They don't. They have no where to stay, because they don't rent rooms over the summer.

I run a student club, and I can tell you that the only ones around are PhD students or actually from Sheffield.

---------- Post added 25-07-2016 at 07:44 ----------

I was out on Friday night btw, nice to see the place so busy, but equally, annoying that everywhere is so busy.

And a particular mention for "The Hop", profiteering gits. No where else was putting up beer prices (that I went to), but the hop removed the menu's, and put up prices, £4 a pint, you gouging gits.

I normally stop in the Novotel on Saturday nights so don't normally surface until midday lol. I was also shocked by the amount of rubbish and litter. Sheffield is normally clean and tidy. This was up by the cathedral stop

By midday it's tidy last November on the day of the bus changes I was on Arundle gate bus stops near the steps to fitzallem sq. The rubish was horrendous at 620 in the morning

Walked round town about 5.30pm and must say the amount of booze knocking about it was bound to happen,said to our lass glad I,m not 20 anymore and wouldn't like to be in town later on.

We were in town Saturday afternoon/early evening. It wasn't too nice around West Street Division Street. Lots of drunks and folk wandering round with tinnies. Folks openly urinating in the streets. It wasn't like that last year.

And a particular mention for "The Hop", profiteering gits. No where else was putting up beer prices (that I went to), but the hop removed the menu's, and put up prices, £4 a pint, you gouging gits.

I don't think that this was the case, certainly not when I was there at around 9pm - two pints of ale and a J2O was 9 quid, which is pretty standard for the Hop, I'd say - c. £3.50 a pint.

I'd agree with Ash and others, and I've been to every single Tramlines - a slightly quieter year this year in terms of numbers, and though there were a load of horrendously drunk people, I didn't witness any violence personally.

I bought 2 pints on friday night, £8, I asked and the bar staff specifically told me that "we've put up prices for tramlines, everywhere has". To which I said that nowhere else I'd been that night had put up prices and that I'd be leaving after this single over priced round.

They'd also removed all the beer menu's and weren't serving bottles.

I'd agree with Ash and others, and I've been to every single Tramlines - a slightly quieter year this year in terms of numbers, and though there were a load of horrendously drunk people, I didn't witness any violence personally.

There wasn't much going on at the main stage.

Devonshire Green was packed on Saturday with people out drinking in the sun, the vast majority weren't attending any of the music events though, they were just out drinking.

Can't blame the festival if non-festival goers decide to get tanked up and start fighting.

They don't. They have no where to stay, because they don't rent rooms over the summer.

I run a student club, and I can tell you that the only ones around are PhD students or actually from Sheffield.

That is very out-of-date. Most students are now forced to rent rooms over the summer on year-round contracts. Much of the student accommodation near us in Crookes looked to be occupied over the weekend, presumably for Tramlines.

Perhaps all the students in my club are out of date... I'm telling you that they've all gone home and were not returning for tramlines. Not 1 single person in the entire club.

There was a social organised to attend, and it was attended by the few local students, the PhD students and the non student members of the club.

Perhaps all the students in my club are out of date... I'm telling you that they've all gone home and were not returning for tramlines. Not 1 single person in the entire club.

There was a social organised to attend, and it was attended by the few local students, the PhD students and the non student members of the club.

Perhaps your students are of the more serious, non-party variety?

I imagine that most of the students round by us will be heading back to the P's as soon as their hangovers allow and not hanging round for the summer.

That is very out-of-date. Most students are now forced to rent rooms over the summer on year-round contracts. Much of the student accommodation near us in Crookes looked to be occupied over the weekend, presumably for Tramlines.

It's not a recent thing, it was the same when I was a student back in the early 90s - we always had to pay for our student digs for the full year. Mostly the houses were empty during the holidays though, especially the summer holidays, as people had summer jobs back home, and I suppose it was cheaper to live "at home" during the hols, even if you were paying rent in Sheffield.

Yep same here, although I think renting in halls you only paid for the room from Sept-July??

The uni would rent out the halls over summer to foreign students IIRC.