Tramlines related aggro?

Hearing that Accident & Emergency has been absolutely packed this morning due to last nights incidents at Sheffield's Tramlines festival.

Obviously nothing to do with the festival organisers themselves but the minority of numpties who attend only to get boozed and drugged up before having a scrap.

Loads of fighting around Tramlines areas last night I hear and a good few injuries as well. Tut Tut!

What ever happened to just chilling out and having a good time why this need to knock hell out of each other?

Walked round town about 5.30pm and must say the amount of booze knocking about it was bound to happen,said to our lass glad I,m not 20 anymore and wouldn't like to be in town later on.

I saw an incident outside the Viper Rooms, a tall well dressed guy was barged into by a tanked up student, it nearly kicked off, the former clearly wanted to pursue the 'insult', but the student moved away, he was staring back at the students all the way all the road though waiting for provocation. Tbh, it wasn't much but could have badly escalated, its frightening how easy violence can develop, though that was the only incident i saw, very friendly overall.

Some of the students 'bargers' though really do have to rein in their behaviour though.

https://benscentre.wordpress.com/2015/09/29/sheffield-tramlines-festival-poses-street-drinking-debate/

Interesting blog piece from Bens Place, from last year.

Edited by manwithaview

Any students around will mostly be local ones since Uni is out and most students have gone back to whence they came.

Most of those out to enjoy the entertainment on offer are well behaved - there will always be the element who can't hold their beer and are out for trouble as on any other evening out on the streets of our lovely city.

Edited by Daven

I was shocked by the amount of people drinking cans at 9-45am this morning. (Lager) I called in McDonalds for breakfast and even the security were turfing out drunks who were trying to use the toilets.

I was shocked by the amount of people drinking cans at 9-45am this morning. (Lager) I called in McDonalds for breakfast and even the security were turfing out drunks who were trying to use the toilets.

I don't think that is unusual, sad to say, and unlikely to be linked to Tramlines specifically.

I don't think that is unusual, sad to say, and unlikely to be linked to Tramlines specifically.

I normally stop in the Novotel on Saturday nights so don't normally surface until midday lol. I was also shocked by the amount of rubbish and litter. Sheffield is normally clean and tidy. This was up by the cathedral stop

Any students around will mostly be local ones since Uni is out and most students have gone back to whence they came.

Most of those out to enjoy the entertainment on offer are well behaved - there will always be the element who can't hold their beer and are out for trouble as on any other evening out on the streets of our lovely city.

I would say many thousands come back for Tramlines as well as many more who come from other areas for the event.

Hearing that Accident & Emergency has been absolutely packed this morning due to last nights incidents at Sheffield's Tramlines festival.

Not really surprising is it? I've never seen the town so busy. Lots of people out drinking, often all day, which isn't common/nor is hot weather all day - bound to be more accidents/injuries.

It's more the mathematics of more people out than usual, causing more A&E visits.

If anything, despite town being absolutely heaving, I saw probably less aggro than usual.

I would say many thousands come back for Tramlines as well as many more who come from other areas for the event.

Yes, definitely manwithaview. Loads of out of town students came back for this. Really good atmosphere all round I thought. This could get really big.

Not really surprising is it? I've never seen the town so busy. Lots of people out drinking, often all day, which isn't common/nor is hot weather all day - bound to be more accidents/injuries.

It's more the mathematics of more people out than usual, causing more A&E visits.

If anything, despite town being absolutely heaving, I saw probably less aggro than usual.

Yes, definitely manwithaview. Loads of out of town students came back for this. Really good atmosphere all round I thought. This could get really big.

Very much beg to differ regarding the bold matey. More than a good few fighting related injuries unfortunately as well as the usual drink related stuff.

Not so much "accidents" as you put it but idiots out in force.

Always odd case when Booze is around odd fights break out , Saying that from what I hear overall its been good .

I keep saying I'm going to go one year but never do lol