Samsung Galaxy s3 screen replacement

Would anyone know how much it would cost for a replacement screen please

A couple of months ago the Samsung Repair Centre on Commercial Street quoted me £100.00 for the replacement of an S3 screen.

it's easy enough to do, just the cost of the replacement that's expensive because the LCD screen it's self, and the touch plate (the glass infront of it) are bound (glued) together, you cant just replace the touch, you have to replace the whole thing...

Would anyone know how much it would cost for a replacement screen please

Hi anttaylor84 - we charge £70 for Samsung Galaxy S3 Glass & LCD Replacement Service.

might aswell buy a "new" second hand s3. Probably get a full galaxy s3 for the price of eHallams glass and lcd

A couple of months ago the Samsung Repair Centre on Commercial Street quoted me £100.00 for the replacement of an S3 screen.

The phone isn't worry £100

might aswell buy a "new" second hand s3. Probably get a full galaxy s3 for the price of eHallams glass and lcd

Of course with a second hand unit the screen could break the next day and you still be SOL. Unless you got it from somewhere like CEX with a 2 year warranty, but they only have the 8GB for under £100.

Might be better to cut your losses and get one of the cheap Chinese phones for ~£60. There's a lot of talk about them lately from people trying to find the cheapest phone to play Pokemon Go on. There is even a model or two with good Sony cameras. I really don't think an S3 is worth what is being charged for them second hand, they are seriously lacking compared to low-end modern phones.

I was quoted £35 for glass replacement by the guys on Bradfield Rd in Hillsborough...

Of course with a second hand unit the screen could break the next day and you still be SOL. Unless you got it from somewhere like CEX with a 2 year warranty, but they only have the 8GB for under £100.

Might be better to cut your losses and get one of the cheap Chinese phones for ~£60. There's a lot of talk about them lately from people trying to find the cheapest phone to play Pokemon Go on. There is even a model or two with good Sony cameras. I really don't think an S3 is worth what is being charged for them second hand, they are seriously lacking compared to low-end modern phones.

A better bet is the Wileyfox swift - currently £100 on Amazon. Far better specs than the old S3 and a British company too so.

The WileyFox phone looks terrible compared to some I have been looking at recently...

the Xiaomi RedMi 3's are higher spec, and cheaper (around ~£100)

The ulefone range of android phones might be worth a look at as they are pretty decent phones.