Sign in to follow this  

Sheffield Hatters Women's Basketball chat/info

Guest rosie

:)

I don`t mean to annoy the men out there but I have been to watch the Hatters Womens Basketball team and they are fab in fact there is a supporters web site with an interactive message board all about basketball have a look address is

www.sheffield-hatters-supporters.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/home.htm

Worth a look for another sport Sheffield is good at in fact leading at.

Why should that annoy the men, I have seen the Hatters a couple of times now and they are great. I have seen them miss out in the cup twice now to Rhondda.

Men dont stop watching Anne Kournikova (tennis)just because she is a woman, any good sportsfans respect the acheivements of the athlete regardless of sex

What's the greatest sporting achievement in the last year regardless of sex??????

Answer IMO - Paula Radcliffe knocking 3 mins off the Marathon World Record.

Guest rosie

:oops:

Sorry I did not mean to offend anyone but most men I know talk about Football and very liitle else when the football season is on.

I am going to the play off finals between Rhondda and Hatters and it`s going to be so good.

They are the best womens basketball side in the country its just a pitty the conference this year has been a bit poor in opponents.

The one thing that does annoy me is the fact Sheffield council does not recognise the Hatters and help them with playing in Eurpoe, the Welsh council helps Rhondda.

Guest rosie

:D

In the links page you can`t get on to the supporters site unless you have the full web address which I have given as on the links page /home.htm is missing.

Yes, I posted that link but it seems that the web address is too long for the number of character that you are allowed to have for a link address and it's not all fit on.

Guest rosie

:D:D:D:D:D

You missed a fantastic game yesterday in the final. Hatters looked like they had lost it when in the last quarter they stormed back and won 62-56 to take the play off championship again.

The tv cameras only came to film the big men`s game but they again missed a fantastic chance to see Womens Basketball be just as good as men`s.

It`s a pity the town of Sheffield AND ESPECIALLY THE COUNCIL does not get behind the Hatters and sponsor them to play in Europe next season as they have won more silver than any Sheffield team especially SHARKS, WEDNESDAY,UNITED to name but a few. It`s about Sheffield and England watched Womens Basketball they have no idea how much they are missing out on.

WELL DONE SHEFFIELD HATTERS FOR WINNING YOUR 2ND TROPHY OF THE SEASON.

:x

One of the major problems which Hatters have is the fact they, like Sheffield Eagles( I am biased !! as Hatters know!), are NOT football and thus do not get the amount of coverage they are entitled to.

Both my daughters played for the Hatters and I was statsman for the junior teams and many times for the senior team at home matches. Trying to get recognition by certain members of the press was like "beating your head against a brick wall". I know Betty ( Cadona) got and still gets frustrated at the lack of local support and especially from the local council [for example Ponds Forge tried to charge the AMATEUR club £800 a match to play there. What is that saying for The City of Sport?]

Hatters have won over 30 trophies in recent years, won an award for being the most successful sporting club -male of female - amateur or pro - in England, YET they get nothing in terms of financial support from the City Council, and struggle to get sponsorship of anykind.

I believe that they deserve more, should get the support to play in Europe and most of their finances have to come from fund raising.

I do believe that they need to get a press-officer in place [someone who can send emails and can use a phone with a bit of time each week] to completely saturate ALL MEDIA, RADIO (loads of local stations), PRESS (not just the Star - plenty of local papers), YTV, Look North etc. and get their games publisized, promoted and reported. One email to all these a couple of times a week MAY start to improve coverage.

Rosie, you should be getting a message soon from the moderator concerning a friend of mine. Please help her as you can. You may write me concerning this or wait until you receive her e-address from the moderator and write her directly. If you are a fan as you say, you'll want to make my friend's acquaintance.

Betty Cadona was a teacher @ Firth Park School and the girls team were treated alot better then us lads who played Basketball :x

Guest rosie

RED 2

Have a look at the supporters site for the Hatters,

http://www. sheffield-hatters-supporters.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/home.htm

You might find out all you need .

Guest rosie

CALLING ALL BASKETBALL FANS

Have a look at the site mentioned for all the new season fixtures and more interesting info.

And come along to the first game and see how good they are. Come on get committed to sport.

Guest rosie

CALLING ALL BASKETBALL FANS

HATTERS BEGIN THEIR NEW SEASON ON SATURDAY 27TH SEPTEMBER AT THE NEW E.I.S. (England Institute of Sport)

IF YOU WANT TO SEE SOMETHING ENJOYABLE COME AND WATCH THE HATTERS IT ALL BEGINS AT 4PM.

COME ON SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR THE BEST WOMENS BASKETBALL TEAM IN ENGLAND.