£1bn Chinese investment in Sheffield

It certainly didn't give the impression that it was going to be a dull looking apartment block offering very little except for the Chinese residents put it that way.

it's not just a 'dull apartment block', theres shops restaurants etc

The new building at the corner of Bramall Lane? It was always going to be a mixed use development, shops, restaurants and residential.

And no matter what it is, it's an improvement on what was there previously.

What happened to this?

Rotherham could get Chinese theme park

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-14449286

Although I think I can answer my own question - Chinese development in various places in the UK has stalled. Preston, Liverpool and Birkenhead all had developments like Sheffield.

What happened to this?

Rotherham could get Chinese theme park

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-14449286

Although I think I can answer my own question - Chinese development in various places in the UK has stalled. Preston, Liverpool and Birkenhead all had developments like Sheffield.

Maybe Chinese theme parks are like the apocryphal Chinese take-away meals: once you've had one...

A Chinese theme park in Rotherham, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, thought i was reading Alice in Wonderland

---------- Post added 30-07-2018 at 17:43 ----------

The trouble with Rotherham folk is they have no respect or loyalty to Sheffield, they should learn to.

The quiet way to take over Europe.

The trouble with Rotherham folk is they have no respect or loyalty to Sheffield, they should learn to.

Rotherham folk should learn to what . . . ?

So what happened to this great deal for Sheffield ? Or were the amateurs that run this City sucked in to another dud deal ?

Guest makapaka
So what happened to this great deal for Sheffield ? Or were the amateurs that run this City sucked in to another dud deal ?

Are you against trying to attract inward investment hackey - would you rather no one bothered with that kind of thing?

Are you against trying to attract inward investment hackey - would you rather no one bothered with that kind of thing?

Were they successful , did they fail ,again ? . Still they had the chance for some nice photo opportunities and quotes of " whats not to like about this deal ". Funnily enough Dore seems to have disappeared from public view . When was the last time we saw or heard from her ?