Allardyce is new England manager - not any more!

Name a better English manager. Name an English manager who has won something.

Just to help you out, no English manager has won the premier league. Ever. This is why we have big Sam as England manager. People talk (wrongly imho) that foreign players are killing the game but foreign coaches have had a greater impact. Besides, we've tried that. Sven, Capello had an excellent cv and we were pretty awful.

I think the next couple of years are going to be very interesting.

:huh:

How about Harry Redknapp?

He's got West Ham connections... ;)

:huh:

How about Harry Redknapp?

He's got West Ham connections... ;)

Fair one, he did win the FA cup, manage a big(gish) club in Spurs. He also helped some good young players at his time at West Ham. I think his time has passed though.

Apparently the main sticking point is how much compensation Sunderland are going to pay the English FA

Just putting this here for a

What happened to the so called bungs he took in 2006?

There were n't many choices if the selection was going to be English. Many English managers did not have much experience in higher end the premiership.

I am most concerned about Sam trying to "Stretch out" the old guard and keeping too many of the 30 plus players rather than utilizing new/younger ones. My estimate for what it is worth, is we need about 4-5 new bloods

In view of Roy's tenure, Big Sam should have a roadmap now of what not to do, esp. with players playing out of position !

Don,t think it will be too long before he names Phil Brown as part of his back up team, big mates and worked well before.

I am most concerned about Sam trying to "Stretch out" the old guard and keeping too many of the 30 plus players rather than utilizing new/younger ones.

This is my worry too. England managers have a long history of picking players who are past their sell by date.

Like one chap said "the bar is not set very high"

Sums up the England team and it's FA aspirations

They continually pick losers to either play or manage big Sam never played at an high level or a good club

His management style of long ball and get you through (few promotions )don't make you a winner he's had 9 clubs didn't see many of them fighting to keep him

He either got sacked or "left by mutual consent "

The politically correct term for go before we sack you

Probably the biggest club he had was Newcastle and he was rubbish there just the right credentials for the England managers job he was simply the best of a crap bunch so was guaranteed the job.

He won't take them anywhere no champions league experience when he comes up against manager's in the world cup quals you will see what a bad appointment this is ......Harry rednapp should have been England manager along time ago too late now.

We have the players but can't get the management right

Brian clough was easily the best candidate for the job back in the days but the fools wouldn't appoint him

Get it right FA!!!

From the past 20 years we know that keeping the old guard past the "sell by" date does not work for England. Germany, France, Italy etc don't do this. When your time is up, Sam will have to politely say so, he must know this now. It will be an insight into things to come, as to whether he keeps Rooney in the side, and if so where he will play him

And I would not now forecast Sam A. as failure looking for somewhere to happen. Agree Harry R would have been a much better pick than Roy H. but the FA's wisdom prevailed

If Sam experiments with younger and different players, ie. additions to the Man U, Arsenal and Spurs players, I can handle him using both the long ball and failing occasionally, until he gets the strategy & player mix right. I'm hoping things cannot get any worse after the Iceland fiasco !!! We have waited 50 years !

Not a fan of international football or England. Shame we don't have a Northern team instead.

Still I think it's good that they've picked a proper manager rather than usual alf Ramsey wannabees . Can't remember the last time they had a Northern working class manager. Genius decision.

I hope fat Sam uses his head and picks the players in form,it seems that when of the top 6 clubs are daft enough to pay over the odds for an English guy he automatically becomes an England star no matter how garbage he plays for his new club.