The legacy of Cameron and Osborne

It's always difficult to argue with someone who has such confused views of events as some below. There are those who moan about public sector job cuts and lack of infrastructure investment AND at the same time bemoan the deficit not being cut AND the debt rising. This shows an abject understanding of fiscal policy. It is an infantile understanding of how government works. But a lot of MPs also suffer from that problem, mainly on the opposition benches.

So here's the thing: the debt rises until the deficit becomes zero. If you want the deficit to be zero the government has to cut the amount it spends. If you don't want more government spending cuts the deficit cannot be zero. If the deficit cannot be zero, the debt will keep rising. And if you think the deficit can be zero by taxing bankers you should urgently seek medical treatment for a serious mental condition.

But, the fact that all the austerity we have had has resulted in only a halving of the deficit and a huge increase in the debt really just puts in perspective how much Labour were borrowing between 2007 and 2010. It demonstrates the scale of their utter recklessness, and just how badly they endangered the state through greed and incompetence.

Bold bit.....stop there Jim.

The point being made is that despite the butchering of services and cutting of infrastructure spend they still managed to increase the debt way beyond their own targets year after year.

If you want to measure them on any criteria then use their own criteria. They failed year after year.

That is their legacy.

English comprehension not your strong suit?

Firstly my statement relates to ONE year, not the whole parliamentary terms. Secondly the article you quote to prove me wrong clearly states; "Between 1979 and 1996 the total building for houses by local authorities and by registered social landlords was 913,690, while from 1997 to 2008 building totalled a significantly lower 290,750."

That will leave a left wing idealistic, impractical set of loonies who would rather see the country fail than succeed and consign your children and grandchildren to poverty.

Like so many forumers,why make what you see as a pertinent point to describe your opinion only to let yourself down by name calling.I refer to,impractical set of loonies .Really ,how does that comment enhance your opinion.

But while I am here, Please just explain to me what would these so called loonies attain from the country failing and children /grandchildren being consigned to poverty?

I defend my term (loonies). I concede that it is not possible to attack current policies as they do not have any. Historically however the people who have populated the Labour left wing have espoused policies that are either, impractical or just plain insane. You may remember a very mild version of their thoughts and theories contained in the Labour manifesto under Michael Foot, (the longest suicide note in history).

The problem with them (generally) is that they are impervious to reasoned debate, much like the ultra right wing of the Tories. They are so entrenched in their hatred of "the rich" a term which includes anyone with a mortgage, that they seem to want a society were aspiration is a crime, self betterment self indulgence and any form of individuality a conceit, indeed it defies the evidence of history and common sense. It is Loonie.

And, it's an interesting fact that the Tories built more council houses in 1996 than Labour did in their 13 years in charge.

I just looked that up, council house building has been going down since the 1980s; almost no council houses have been built since 1993. Certainly in the tens of hundreds rather than than tens of thousands.

I'm just glad both have fallen from power I could say more but they have fallen into histories great dust bin.

I'm just glad both have fallen from power I could say more but they have fallen into histories great dust bin.

Worse than that. They will be infamous. Bizarrely the only PM of the first 15 years of this century who will emerge with a smidgeon of credit will be Brown and even them only for his actions over a few short days when he prevented a global economic inferno. Granted he did help start the fire though.

As for Cameron and Osborne their legacy is appalling. It really is. Ill-conceived economic experiments of the type that a 6th form economics student would devise, the break-up of the UK, Brexit, destabilisation of Europe. They are going to take some beating. Disastrous.

I actually enjoyed reading your opinion till it was changed from people being loonies to the situation being loony. Not quite sure how you were shown how to debate a point without name calling but it does appear to have not worked.

In my opinion the quality of debate put forward in the referendum is yet another nail in the coffin of British democracy.The practice of shouting ,interrupting and dare I say ,telling outright lies to make a point is bang out of order.

You name Footy.Could you not have gone back any further.Even though this is about Cameroon and Ozzy ,lets face it we aare living their legacy.

I fail to see how you arrive at the entrenched hatred of "the rich" .I think that this is a general term used to make an untrue point which really is common.

I think that if you listen to a porper debater ,you really have to look at Mr Corbyn.No swearing,shouting ,name calling,or lies. Consumate professional I would say.Perhaps a good role model for debating a point.

But just take a generalistic view of Cameron and Osborne.Six years at the helm,Five of them being subjued to a degree by Cleggy( thats him with the knives in his back) and One year by himself . I don`t think that I have to go over what has happened in the last year or so.

Mr Osborne,it didn`t take long for Mrs .May to unload now did it.In my opinion.you do not get rid of your best player now do you.

Now you see what I have done .I have made various points without without having to ellaborate or even name calling.:D

I actually enjoyed reading your opinion till it was changed from people being loonies to the situation being loony. Not quite sure how you were shown how to debate a point without name calling but it does appear to have not worked.

In my opinion the quality of debate put forward in the referendum is yet another nail in the coffin of British democracy.The practice of shouting ,interrupting and dare I say ,telling outright lies to make a point is bang out of order.

You name Footy.Could you not have gone back any further.Even though this is about Cameroon and Ozzy ,lets face it we aare living their legacy.

I fail to see how you arrive at the entrenched hatred of "the rich" .I think that this is a general term used to make an untrue point which really is common.

I think that if you listen to a porper debater ,you really have to look at Mr Corbyn.No swearing,shouting ,name calling,or lies. Consumate professional I would say.Perhaps a good role model for debating a point.

But just take a generalistic view of Cameron and Osborne.Six years at the helm,Five of them being subjued to a degree by Cleggy( thats him with the knives in his back) and One year by himself . I don`t think that I have to go over what has happened in the last year or so.

Mr Osborne,it didn`t take long for Mrs .May to unload now did it.In my opinion.you do not get rid of your best player now do you.

Now you see what I have done .I have made various points without without having to ellaborate or even name calling.:D

You dont call people names you merely belittle those you see to disagree with by putting the letter Y after their names.

What points have you made? You clearly dont think much of Clegg/Osborne/Cameron, despite the fact that they created, from a disaster, the fastest growing economy in the developed world, a higher level of employment than ever before in UK history, opened the possibility of regenerating the north of England and reduced the deficit by a third.

Corbyn on the other hand, polite, quiet, no policies, surrounded by a bunch of thugs who insult women, jews, other minorities, call all Tories "********". Is without a shadow of a doubt the most ineffective, lame excuse for an opposition leader in UK history. Disowned by those who see him up close, voted against his own party over 500 times whilst an MP, yet has the temerity to expect support from those he regularly betrayed. Any supporter of this man is a member of the loony left.

Not an insult, merely a description of a political position. (which is barmy).

I now address your question regarding what the loony left would attain for their children if their policies were implemented. As they have yet to outline policies this is difficult so I must refer back in time to the policies espoused in the past, without listing them, safe to say that no matter what they are they never stood the test of scrutiny. The loony left stand "against" things, their utterances are never positive. They hate, (see my list in earlier posting) they envy, they sneer, at achievement, at betterment, at anything or anyone who tries to rise above the mediocrity they themselves are only capable of. The loony left sloganise, berate and belittle.

Their lunacy is only equaled by their mediocrity in personal achievement and their contribution to society.

Edited by Ted Heath
clarification

You really are a bitter and twisted person.The thread is about the legacy of Cameron and Osborne .I merely commented about the name calling. This you took it to mean going on a further tirade about a stereotypical left oposition.

The Y behind the name was partly humour .Sorry for that ,my Mrs constantly reminds me that I am not funny.

The strange thing looking at your comments about ,"The loony left sloganise, berate and belittle." oh how I laughed as that was the point that I made about you.

Regarding Clegg,Osborne and Cameron .You are quite correct that I have very little regard for any of them.

Though under the circumstances its always nice to hear from people who thought Cameron and Osborne policies so good ,especially when they have not been affected by them .:)

You dont call people names you merely belittle those you see to disagree with by putting the letter Y after their names.

What points have you made? You clearly dont think much of Clegg/Osborne/Cameron, despite the fact that they created, from a disaster, the fastest growing economy in the developed world, a higher level of employment than ever before in UK history, opened the possibility of regenerating the north of England and reduced the deficit by a third.

Corbyn on the other hand, polite, quiet, no policies, surrounded by a bunch of thugs who insult women, jews, other minorities, call all Tories "********". Is without a shadow of a doubt the most ineffective, lame excuse for an opposition leader in UK history. Disowned by those who see him up close, voted against his own party over 500 times whilst an MP, yet has the temerity to expect support from those he regularly betrayed. Any supporter of this man is a member of the loony left.

Not an insult, merely a description of a political position. (which is barmy).

I now address your question regarding what the loony left would attain for their children if their policies were implemented. As they have yet to outline policies this is difficult so I must refer back in time to the policies espoused in the past, without listing them, safe to say that no matter what they are they never stood the test of scrutiny. The loony left stand "against" things, their utterances are never positive. They hate, (see my list in earlier posting) they envy, they sneer, at achievement, at betterment, at anything or anyone who tries to rise above the mediocrity they themselves are only capable of. The loony left sloganise, berate and belittle.

Their lunacy is only equaled by their mediocrity in personal achievement and their contribution to society.

This is not about things that havent happened and are some kind of prediction in your head based on your own prejudices.

It's about things that have happened, i.e. a legacy. You can't twist it into judgement about your imagined performance as PM of somebody who never has been or never will be PM. At best that makes it look like you are arguing that Cameron and Osborne messing up is OK because they are slightly less rubbish than you imagine Corbyn would be.

Cameron and Osborne were the legacy of 13 years of Labour ;)