Lowcostholidays gone bust

In response to a) - Lowcostholidays were UK based and ABTA/ATOL covered until Nov 2013. I booked plenty of holidays with them up to that time and I continued to book holidays with them after that, not knowing that they had moved to Spain. It was only yesterday when their demise was announced that I checked the small print in my documentation (still saved on my computer) and found out about their move to Spain and the dropping of the ABTA/ATOL protection.

In response to d) - I used them many times and never had a problem. Indeed, the ease in which I was able to book and pay for holidays online and the fact that the airlines and hotels were all expecting us left me far removed from thinking of them as a dodgy company. Seems the world events of the last couple of years finally caught up with what I have read were very tight profit margins, hastening their demise.

bold: yeah precisely... dodgy!

If this was a thread about a rich bloke who ripped off people's pensions, it would be 20 pages long now. Since the bbc decided to write 'brexit caused this' then it means that it gives Tim and others a chance to have another dig at brexiters.

underlined: Yeah, it's an inevitability of globalism. It's just accelerated in recent years, mainly due to internet would be my opinion.

Edited by *_ash_*

Lowcost was cheap- but 'cheap' does not always mean 'good value for money; cost-effective'.

lowcostholidays has gone bust today(into administration)

we should be going 27th august for 2 weeks

looks like thats gone

atleast flights were booked through easyjet so they are safe

but hotel/transfers @ £approx 600 total looks gone

booked online with DEBIT card

HELP if anyone knows owt about these things??

It's some years ago now, but when UNO (furnishings) went bust, my wife had paid with a debit card but as they took the money knowing they were going into administration, she got it all back (eventually).

bold: yeah precisely... dodgy!

If this was a thread about a rich bloke who ripped off people's pensions, it would be 20 pages long now. Since the bbc decided to write 'brexit caused this' then it means that it gives Tim and others a chance to have another dig at brexiters.

underlined: Yeah, it's an inevitability of globalism. It's just accelerated in recent years, mainly due to internet would be my opinion.

I'm not having a 'dig at Brexiters' I am merely stating the facts that relate to Brexit. Why do you feel I am having a dig at Brexiters?

Low Cost customers can look forward to a refund from the collapsed company.

A hearty £7.78 will soon be in their pockets, things are looking up!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36834408

Thousands of holidaymakers who booked travel with Low Cost Holidays may get a refund of just £7.78 each, the BBC understands.

The firm went into administration last week, leaving 27,000 customers abroad, and 110,000 with future bookings.

It was not registered with the UK government-backed Atol scheme, which would have compensated them in full.

Instead it had lodged £1.09m with authorities in Mallorca - enough to pay out a few pounds to each customer.

as i understand things, you are protected by visa if you use a visa debit card as well, which means you have protection if you have no debt with them.

I'm late answering this, but that's a fallacy that people need to understand quickly. Your bank has a mechanism called Visa Chargeback, which means they can ask the third party bank for the money back. If the account you deposited money into with that third party bank with your debit card no longer has your money, it's tough. Nothing you can do about it.

My lady bought something online with her Visa debit card a few years ago, but because the account her money had ended up in had subsequently been emptied, there was nothing the bank(s) could do.

I'm late answering this, but that's a fallacy that people need to understand quickly. Your bank has a mechanism called Visa Chargeback, which means they can ask the third party bank for the money back. If the account you deposited money into with that third party bank with your debit card no longer has your money, it's tough. Nothing you can do about it.

My lady bought something online with her Visa debit card a few years ago, but because the account her money had ended up in had subsequently been emptied, there was nothing the bank(s) could do.

as far as I know this isn't a chargeback matter but i believe that visa include some free insurance for this kind of thing as part of their offering. i've no idea if that's correct or not, while my bank uses visa cards i've never had to go through anything like this process.

can anyone please tell me how to send proof of lowcostholidays going bust by email?

I have got to send all my details to Visa plus proof of the above.

Problem is i am not good with computers so can anyone help me please?

Many Thanks In A dvance

Ian

how do a forward this on by email

---------- Post added 19-07-2016 at 20:09 ----------

how do a forward this on by email

can anyone please tell me how to send proof of lowcostholidays going bust by email?

I have got to send all my details to Visa plus proof of the above.

Problem is i am not good with computers so can anyone help me please?

Many Thanks In A dvance

Ian

Ian, you probably received an e-mail to confirm your booking, including price? If you forward that to Visa with an explanation that (You can copy paste this, select it, press ctrl+c, go to the email you are writing and ctrl+v to paste it.)

Lowcost Holidays has folded as reported in:

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/low-cost-holidays-administration-collapse-customers-booking-refund-compensation-money-back-a7143326.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36810558

Unfortunately this means the product I purchased with this company using a Visa card has become invalid. As such I would like to invoke my guarantee with Visa to chargeback the amount owed for the holiday that has now been cancelled.

Kind regards,

To forward it, you need to use your e-mail client, I can't tell you how to do that without knowing which client you use.

Edited by tzijlstra