Lowcostholidays gone bust

lowcostholidays has gone bust today(into administration)

we should be going 27th august for 2 weeks

looks like thats gone

atleast flights were booked through easyjet so they are safe

but hotel/transfers @ £approx 600 total looks gone

booked online with DEBIT card

HELP if anyone knows owt about these things??

I'm not 100% sure about getting the money back, just wanted to wish you well in getting a refund. Must be heartbreaking having a holiday cancelled at the last minute.

thanks dannyboy

i dont know about monies but ive heard that if anything is booked without a credit card then its bad news but i have never had anything like this happen before

So sorry to hear this.

It seems that they were not a ABTA registered tour operator but a Spanish company.

Is your Debit card a VISA card by any chance? Not many people realise but VISA debit cards offer many of the same protections as a VISA credit card. Long shot but could be worth a try.

Check if you have any travel insurance. Did you take any out at the time of booking? Also, some bank accounts and credit cards have annual travel insurance as a perk.

Best of luck dorberman. Hope you get it sorted.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

From the link:

"Wherever you use Visa debit, you are fully protected. If, for example, you're unfortunate enough to book a holiday with an airline or travel agent that becomes insolvent, you'll generally get your money back."

Where did you hear about it doberman? If it wasn't online, see if there are any online news stories that might have a link on it for further info.

edit, sorry a bit slow, more answers since I opened it!

Edited by *_ash_*
way too slow!

Where did you hear about it doberman? If it wasn't online, see if there are any online news stories that might have a link on it for further info.

edit, sorry a bit slow, more answers since I opened it!

im sure i saw it on the bbc news site ash

I have a hotel booking for Mexico booked with this company for next year with a visa debit card. Can anyone tell me who I need to contact to see about starting the process of getting my money back? Really quite worried.

Thanks.

I have a hotel booking for Mexico booked with this company for next year with a visa debit card. Can anyone tell me who I need to contact to see about starting the process of getting my money back? Really quite worried.

Thanks.

Start with your bank. Sounds like you could be protected because you paid by Visa.

Did you take out insurance?

Unfortunately I hadn't. I hope I am protected as losing £650 would be so galling when you save so hard to go on holidays.