Military coup in Turkey.

Pretty much forget it, I'm afraid.

---------- Post added 16-07-2016 at 01:25 ----------

Although, if you're flying to a coastal resort, and Erdogan has full control by dawn, call the airline. Reckon it would be fine, and the exchange rate will probably be brilliant.

Jusr watching BBC news, EasyJet saying all their flights to Turkey are departing as normal today, so check with your airline but expect to fly I would say.

Calm down treacle, the people who started the coup will either dead or captured by sun up.

Looks like you called it correct. :thumbsup:

Jusr watching BBC news, EasyJet saying all their flights to Turkey are departing as normal today, so check with your airline but expect to fly I would say.

Easy jet are flying in and out of Turkey but really....... would you want to spend a fortnight in such an unstable country ?

Easy jet are flying in and out of Turkey but really....... would you want to spend a fortnight in such an unstable country ?

I imagine it's business as usual in the resorts with little sign of instability. Too many livelyhoods depend on tourism for the locals to bother with coups and the like. So, if i was off to Bodrum or similar, then yes, I would go.

Edited by Bargepole23

I imagine it's business as usual in the resorts with little sign of instability. Too many livelyhoods depend on tourism for the locals to bother with coups and the like. So, if i was off to Bodrum or similar, then yes, I would go.

Same here, Turkey is a huge country and with situations like this it's the major city's that are affected not the coastal holiday resorts. If the flights are still going I'd still be going. Having said that the wife might have been sending me on my own :hihi:

If it was just me and the missus I would definitely still go. Quite honestly though I would not take my children there. The risk is small in the resorts but there is so much happening in that region I just couldn't do it.

The foreign office advice to Britons already in Turkey is to stay indoors. So if you are going to go on holiday it seems you are likely to be watching a lot of TV if you take their advice.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36813944

The foreign office advice to Britons already in Turkey is to stay indoors. So if you are going to go on holiday it seems you are likely to be watching a lot of TV if you take their advice.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36813944

Yeah saw that too. The advice seems to be conflicting. You can travel there, e.g. to the airports and then transit to your holiday accommodation but then are advised to stay inside.

Yeah saw that too. The advice seems to be conflicting. You can travel there, e.g. to the airports and then transit to your holiday accommodation but then are advised to stay inside.

I think they call it a fluid situation.

The new broke when Boris was at his club half way down his second bottle of Bollinger. When he comes around from drinking the fluid the policy might stabilise.

Edited by foxy lady

I flew back from Antalya at 22:45 (Turkish time) last night. Must say I had a very enjoyable holiday.

As others have said its a very big country.

But you will still have to go through an airport at some point and they are likely to be vulnerable places at the moment.

---------- Post added 16-07-2016 at 12:45 ----------

Well that's my holiday buggerd...

Sorry to say you are entirely correct - at least you will be able to go outdoors if you stay at home :sad:

Looks like it's all over. I wonder what will happen to the mutineers ?

A purge of the army first, I suppose.

Edited by petemcewan