Where do all the 2nd and 3rd year students tend to live in Sheffield?

Hi guys!

I’m relocating to Sheffield to do my post-graduate degree and wanted to get some advice on where to live from all of you guys that know the area inside out.

I’m looking for an area that’s not too ‘fresher-y’ and would ideally like to head towards the areas with majority 2nd and 3rd years living there (bit quieter, less rowdy, etc).

Any advice you guys could give would be awesome!

Thanks,

Tony

Crookes / Walkley / Crookesmoor / Broomhill should all fit the bill.

I lived around Pisgah House Road during my 2nd year and quite a lot of my 2nd/3rd year friends lived around my area at that time.

While I was doing my PhD I lived in Walkley and Greystones. Lots of people were located around Crookes/Walkley and Hunters Bar areas.

The following areas would all be suitable depending on what you want:

Crookes - nice area, mix of mainly families, some students (mainly UoS)

Crookesmoor - predominantly students (mainly UoS)

Walkley - mix of students and young professionals (mainly UoS)

broomhall - mix of students and low income families (mainly SHU)

sharrow - mix of students and low income families (mainly SHU)

I personally would recommend Walkley :)

Im a third year student and live on Hunters Hill road. The area is full of third and 2nd year students (some of them are a little snobby, but aside from that its great). If its maturity your looking for id recommend it.

Depends which university you're attending (just because you might find your friends tend to live in the same areas) - SHU tend to live around Ecclesall Rd and I get the impression second and third years are more towards the Hunters Bar end. UoS students are more in Broomhill/ Crookesmoor/ Crookes/ Walkley, and I'd recommend the latter two for post-grad students.

Im a third year student and live on Hunters Hill road. The area is full of third and 2nd year students (some of them are a little snobby, but aside from that its great). If its maturity your looking for id recommend it.

Yea but that hill though!

Should have asked which uni first, but the OP was 4 months ago, so they're probably here by now.