Youth language

I'm just putting a presentation together to go into Schools and talk about littering and the impact which this is having on the environment! i'm wanting to try and relate to the age group of 12 to 16 and was going to introduce their language into the presentation. you see i'm 33 and a dinosaur to them, so want to speak to them on their level. any one have any ideas of the in words?

sorry forgot to add, i have the words like scrubber and minger!

use "init" a lot eg "the rubbish is bad for the world init"

I don't think the teachers would approve, unfortunatly theres a line and i can't cross it, much as i would like!!!!

I find some of the words they use are the same as I remember using - every generation thinks they've invented a new language but it's been done before sort of thing.

'chill' and 'sound' for starters.

I also think a lot of new language is taken from the American influence in films and rap music.

Maybe you should 'rap' and have some willing grown ups standing behind you doing the human beat box thing then everything you say will be heard.

What you really need to do is:-

1.Go to blockbuster and rent Ali G In Da House.

2.Watch it and take notes.

You should be able to talk shizzel to dem kid all afternoon after that. :D

Moved to General chat.

My advice to you as one whos lived in some of what you might call the rougher parts of Sheffield is: dont try and talk like anyone but who you are. Kids know when they are being patronised even if they dont know what the word patronised means.

Come out with some thing like 'innit' and they will go ' lets take the **** out of this middle class social worker type t..t' and rag you to pieces.

Good luck anyway

Sounds just the sauce. Real beast! Could get right down and swing the pony. Good luck.

Just grunt a lot rg, the kids who don't drop litter won't need to understand, and the ones who do will recognise their own language.

As a teen myself, I cringe when adults use teen language. It just sounds so ridiculous. Don't waste you're time, unless you want to be the laughing stock.