SCC parking ticket, worth appealing?

I was donating blood yesterday, paid for an hour an half parking an it usually takes an hour to compete...

any-who, i wasn't very well after my donation so had to wait a while longer to recover before i could leave, about 30 min or so....

as i got back to the car they was a warden an he had just ticketed the car! i was about 15/20 min late

my fault for being late but i know, but would it be worth appealing?

Don't waste your time.

I was thinking that too with the stuff I've seen on here in the past...

We live an learn....

Send in a letter stating what you were doing and provide proof of the time and date

you were giving blood. Worth a letter, if you don't ask you won't get.

Probably trying to get Blood out of Stone, give it a go anyway.

Yes i second sending them a letter.. You may as well give it a try, won't do any harm to try :) good luck.

Worth appealing although it might be in vein.

I'd say it's worth a shot. I got a ticket a while back as my parking permit had blown down off my dash as I got out the car, without me realising.

They were actually very reasonable and once I'd provided a copy of the permit and explained what happened, they cancelled the ticket (with a 'be more careful in future' warning!) even though it was my fault really as I should have checked the permit was displayed properly.

Appeal it provide details and evidence from place of the times you were and that you were ill. Its worth a shot

It's not worth the effort.

They don't do mitigation, circumstances and won't accept act of god unless he's there as a material witness.

Basically, they apply the law and we all know what to expect when lawyers open their mouths.

You'd end up giving more than blood.

might be worth it, a few years ago i was visiting my daughter in the Children's Hospital and was ten mins late for the ticket, i appealed on the grounds that she was upset with me leaving ! maybe tugged some heart strings somewhere but got let off!

maybe they are a little more "waffen SS " nowadays, still worth a go?

I was donating blood yesterday, paid for an hour an half parking an it usually takes an hour to compete...

any-who, i wasn't very well after my donation so had to wait a while longer to recover before i could leave, about 30 min or so....

as i got back to the car they was a warden an he had just ticketed the car! i was about 15/20 min late

my fault for being late but i know, but would it be worth appealing?

They do cancel if it's a genuine medical emergency or you are in the hospital etc and overstay because you can't leave for some reason.

Make a challenge, but get a letter on headed paper from the blood donation unit confirming you were delayed and couldn't leave until your donation was finished. Submit the letter with your challenge.

Bear in mind that there are timescales you have to appeal within. Details are on the PCN you received and are here: https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/roads/travel/driving/parking/parking-fines/appeal.html

---------- Post added 14-07-2016 at 22:37 ----------

I was thinking that too with the stuff I've seen on here in the past...

We live an learn....

You may be surprised to learn this, but people on here do not always tell the truth.......

You may be surprised to learn this, but people on here do not always tell the truth.......

I do but that didn't stop SCC from accusing me of lying in writing.

S