Repeated bangs in S6

Hi has anyone got any idea what the explosions are that have been happening somewhere in S6 since Tuesday?

There are nearly always 2 of them, they don't sound like gunshots, more like explosions, they really boom. They've been going off intermittently, sometimes occurring maybe twice in an hour, other times there's hours gap between them. I live in Loxley and they sound like they're coming from either up the valley, or maybe from top of Stannington.

I'm intrigued to know what's causing them.

21st century scarecrow maybe ?

That's interesting. I heard this twice on Monday afternoon (I was in Loxley). I saw some birds scatter from a field and assumed it was an automated scarecrow.

Only happened twice though - I was trying to pinpoint the sound.

That's interesting. I heard this twice on Monday afternoon (I was in Loxley). I saw some birds scatter from a field and assumed it was an automated scarecrow.

Only happened twice though - I was trying to pinpoint the sound.

Maybe it is a bird scarer. It's been going again today but it's impossible from here to pinpoint where it's coming from. If it is it's a bit of an overkill though, it sounds like a fairly big explosion. Perhaps the birds round here are hard and take some serious scaring.

If it is similar to the bird scarers up here, they have a big tube pointing out

towards the field. The loud bang is caused somehow with the help of a gas cylinder.

We walked passed one and then it went off, thought I had been shot.

Heard them twice last night, between 7pm & 8.30pm, 2 sets of 2 loud bangs. Sounded if it was in the loxley to bradfield valley.

Aliens shooting at top secret alco-balloons launched from the ever so sinister & secret area 59 which is just off the a 61 penistone road at Hillsborough ;-)

Does anyone know what this is yet? heard them on friday.. Two bangs together then 30mins or so passed then happened again.. repeated like this about 4 times..

I think it's on one of the fields off Loxley Road.

There's a similar thread from 2009.

I heard some last night at about 11pm and about 4am this morning.

Tempted to take a walk and disable the thing with a note.

Yes, we were in the Loxley Valley yesterday, and heard it go off a few times, seemed quite closeby, but couldn't pinpoint exactly where it was.

We're just back from Loxley and heard the bangs. Really loud down there.

Maybe it was the after shock from Wembley after Wednesdays play-off defeat when the bubble burst.:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi: