Where in Sheffield can I attract both Student and Young professional t

Hi Guys

My name’s Anthony and I’m a first time investor looking to (hopefully!) make a sound buy to let property HMO purchase in Sheffield.

I want to buy in an area where I could potentially attract both students and young professionals as tenants.

Any advice and tips on where I should be aiming for?

Thanks,

Anthony

Walkley or Crookes will attract both.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Thanks bluecanary, have been hearing similar suggestions.

Do you have any thoughts on the city centre?

Not many students live in either crookes or Walkley. The houses will also be expensive. Look towards Abbeydale road for a cheap house that you can pack to the rafters and charge extortionate rent for.

Not many students live in either crookes or Walkley. The houses will also be expensive. Look towards Abbeydale road for a cheap house that you can pack to the rafters and charge extortionate rent for.

A - Lots of students live in Crookes and Walkley.

B - The houses round Abbeydale Road are pretty much the same price as Crookes and more expensive than Walkley.

Hi Guys

My name’s Anthony and I’m a first time investor looking to (hopefully!) make a sound buy to let property HMO purchase in Sheffield.

I want to buy in an area where I could potentially attract both students and young professionals as tenants.

Thanks,

Anthony

Why exactly do you want young professionals? What's with a plumber / gardener,?? Or is done kind of property snobbery

Hi Guys

Thanks,

Anthony

I'm not sure you'd (or they'd) want a mix of students and professionals. I'd suggest picking one or the other.

Students are tending to be attracted by the brand new developments such as those going up in town - cleaning and concierge services included in the rent etc. Consequently I'm not sure that having students in a residential HMO is a long term strategy. I could be wrong on this though.

For professionals think about houses near the hospitals as there is always good demand there due to overseas nurses and doctors. Happy to have a chat if you PM me.

---------- Post added 16-07-2016 at 23:23 ----------

Why exactly do you want young professionals? What's with a plumber / gardener,?? Or is done kind of property snobbery

I think the term "professionals" here is being used to represent workers generally rather than white collar. As opposed to students, social housing etc

A - Lots of students live in Crookes and Walkley.

B - The houses round Abbeydale Road are pretty much the same price as Crookes and more expensive than Walkley.

They don't, I have lived in both places. There are obviously students there, but I would be amazed if more than 1 in 20 houses in crookes were occupied by students. Crookesmoor on the other hand, is very studenty.

A 3 bed house in crookes will set you back about 150, too much to waste on a student house.

Definitely Crookes, Walkley, Nether Edge or Hunters Bar. Don't forget besides students these areas are also near to the Royal Hallamshire hospital and the Dental hospital for staff working there so the properties there are snapped up quickly. You will have to pay more to purchase them but is a better investment for the future. Also if you ever want to sell your properties in these areas, they sell very quickly.