Smelly Wincobank due to biomass chimney

I'm currently sat in my front room unable to catch a breath of fresh air due to that blooming biomass chimney next to the M1

It's been going on for months now. The top of the chimney is about level with Wincobank Hill and so when the wind blows in our direction the smell of thick accrid burning is just unbearable. Is anyone else suffering as much as me with this??? Tonight it's so strong and putrid I could actually vomit.

There has to be something done. It's got to be severely affecting our health!!!

Wind has been going west to east last 24 hours. The M1 is eastwards from wincobank.

Maybe the smell comes from somewhere else or are you suggesting there is a way it travels against the wind direction.

Guest makapaka
Wind has been going west to east last 24 hours. The M1 is eastwards from wincobank.

Maybe the smell comes from somewhere else or are you suggesting there is a way it travels against the wind direction.

Or maybe it doesn't, and your 2 min desktop study on the matter is totally incorrect?

I'm currently sat in my front room unable to catch a breath of fresh air due to that blooming biomass chimney next to the M1

It's been going on for months now. The top of the chimney is about level with Wincobank Hill and so when the wind blows in our direction the smell of thick accrid burning is just unbearable. Is anyone else suffering as much as me with this??? Tonight it's so strong and putrid I could actually vomit.

The boiler at Blackburn Meadows has been running for about 2 years, does that tie up with your experience?

If it is the cause, then get ready, cos there's another one planned/being built near Magna.

Maybe the filtration system they use has broken or something?

Wincobank has always been smelly, whenever I go through it there's a definite smell of sutt, ash, and other unpleasant things...

not saying it's constantly smelly, and every time you go through you'll smell it - but it's a known thing....

Or maybe it doesn't, and your 2 min desktop study on the matter is totally incorrect?

sheffield live weather display and records

I don't know where the smell comes from or what it is but the main wind direction comes from page hall not from M1.

Wincobank has always been smelly, whenever I go through it there's a definite smell of sutt, ash, and other unpleasant things...

not saying it's constantly smelly, and every time you go through you'll smell it - but it's a known thing....

It is known.

---------- Post added 13-07-2016 at 13:27 ----------

sheffield live weather display and records

I don't know where the smell comes from or what it is but the main wind direction comes from page hall not from M1.

Soooo you're saying the smell is coming from Page Hall??

---------- Post added 13-07-2016 at 13:28 ----------

Wincobank is surreounded by quite a few places the smell could come from! isnt there a rubber tire recycling place down there too? and also a cardboard/paper recycling place?