What song takes you back in time? Where does it take you?

Then you get the banal songs glorifying that bloody war like " The ballad of the Green Berets" by a Sgt. Barry Sadler which topped the Billboard charts for several weeks...Disgusting propaganda , in my own personal opinion, that is.

Yes I agree and although Sadler was a Vietnam combatant I wonder if he would have sung so patriotically had he came home minus a couple of limbs. Thankfully that didn't happen to him.

Then you get the banal songs glorifying that bloody war like " The ballad of the Green Berets" by a Sgt. Barry Sadler which topped the Billboard charts for several weeks...Disgusting propaganda , in my own personal opinion, that is.

Not forgetting 'Dawn of Correction' – the Spokesmen's counterblast to 'Eve of Destruction'.

"There are buttons to push in two mighty nations

But who's crazy enough to risk annihilation?"

Trump? Putin?

Not forgetting 'Dawn of Correction' – the Spokesmen's counterblast to 'Eve of Destruction'.

"There are buttons to push in two mighty nations

But who's crazy enough to risk annihilation?"

Trump? Putin?

I think the 'Eve of Destruction' 'button' as it came out in 1965 , may have referred to L.B.J. and Nikita Khrushchev but may have reference to the 'Bay of Pig's' (Cuba 1962) when John Kennedy was president. However lets get back to the lines of that 1965 ditty; 'Yeah my blood's so mad, feels like coagulating" !

My earliest musical memory is my dad threatening to break my Archies Sugar Sugar if I didn't behave...

Driving in a taxi from Newark NJ airport to New York city. The taxi driver put the theme from the SOPRANOS on.

It was as if Tony was in the car.

Elton John - Bennie and the jets

Takes me back to the late 80's driving through Italy sat in the back of the worlds tiniest vauxhall nova..

Elton John - Bennie and the jets

Takes me back to the late 80's driving through Italy sat in the back of the worlds tiniest vauxhall nova..

That song plus the entire " Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" album takes me even further back to the early seventies and the great Sheffield nightclub scene at that time.

That song plus the entire " Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" album takes me even further back to the early seventies and the great Sheffield nightclub scene at that time.

Ahhh :) i was still a mere twitch in me dads pants back then :hihi:

I think the 'Eve of Destruction' 'button' as it came out in 1965 , may have referred to L.B.J. and Nikita Khrushchev but may have reference to the 'Bay of Pig's' (Cuba 1962) when John Kennedy was president. However lets get back to the lines of that 1965 ditty; 'Yeah my blood's so mad, feels like coagulating" !

Yes. 'Dawn of Correction' was also 1965, so the same fingers were hovering over the respective buttons at the time.

Yes. 'Dawn of Correction' was also 1965, so the same fingers were hovering over the respective buttons at the time.

That must have been a minor hit as I never heard of that one at all, sounds like fun though. Around that time "answer songs" for want of a better phrase were pretty common, one I remember in particularly was some female country singer doing 'Queen of the Road" which was a dig at Roger Miller's classic " King of the Road". There were others but memory gone blank, at the mo.;)

My Cherie amour takes me to Skeggy.

Magnum Start talking love Scarborough summer of 1988

Kiss - do you love me ? Wales holiday as a kid in the early 80,s