Parkwood springs

Bernard22.

I lived at the Douglas Inn with my aunty and uncle ( Joan and Clarrie Whittaker ) until it closed in 1974. Just wondered if you knew them ?

hi me again. at the back of the vicarage house I remember part of an old building with what looked like a stage. was this part of an earlier church before the single story building . it was in the space between vale rd and Douglas rd.bernard22.

I don't know why they never did redevelop that area I remember that area right at the very end when there were just a few houses left.

The park was the last thing to go.

I think it would make a lovely spot to live but with the right people in them

The right people were the very people who lived there before;)

I think this might have been mentioned before, but in the early sixties I recollect a house on Parkwood Springs where the occupant kept trying to repaint the exterior very bright colours, and I was told, the landlord kept coming and repainting it in dull colours. Anyone remember that?

hi fancypants sorry I didn't know your auntie and uncle. at that time we had move out.you will properly get information from retep he and his wife are a font of knowledge about the springs.cheers bernard22

The right people were the very people who lived there before;)

Couldn't agree more :)

hi fancypants sorry I didn't know your auntie and uncle. at that time we had move out.you will properly get information from retep he and his wife are a font of knowledge about the springs.cheers bernard22

I only went in the Douglas on rare occasions, and only a couple of times when Clarrie had it, my mate Whitey was more of a regular in there.

When i worked at Thomas Turton in the 60s, I used to have to attend to wooden casting patterns which were kept in a former pub in Parkwood Springs. The pub had been called 'The Reindeer', does anyone remember this?

When i worked at Thomas Turton in the 60s, I used to have to attend to wooden casting patterns which were kept in a former pub in Parkwood Springs. The pub had been called 'The Reindeer', does anyone remember this?

Next door to the Parkwood Hotel, had G.W.Waugh mineral waters in the backyard.

On 16/09/2005 at 20:16, tazz said:

my nan & grandad lived on pickering rd there names were may & lol taylor the kids were nancie joan barbra and frank

i am sure my nan ran the paper shop also remember the great bonfire nights thay had frank is my dad took him up about 6 weeks ago wow the good times came rolling back for him

Do you remember any one one on Mount road. I remember Shadrach white and his family 

I used to school with Vikki

On 03/10/2004 at 17:24, chocoholic said:

Hiya

I can still remember that my walk to school seemed to take a lifetime.I used to go down that cobbled gennel(which was a nightmare in winter).Then we had these massive wide stone steps to go down which curved round at the bottom.Accross a wooden railway bridge which used to shudder when a train passed under,down a load of wooden steps,then some stone steps & finally up & down a couple of roads & into Hillfoot School.It had a massive playgrond with a climbing frame in the top left hand corner!I can still smell the dinners cooking now!

Happy Days!!

What is your name l went to Hill foot

I used to Hill foot I remember remember Victoria white and her family and she now's me