Sheffield drivers fined £80000 for car removal

HI has anybody had there car towed away due to the above works taking place while on holiday. i have just come back from a two week break to find i have to pay 140 pounds to get my car back, there was no signs up before we went away and the letter came through the door while we was away. thankyou .

HI has anybody had there car towed away due to the above works taking place while on holiday. i have just come back from a two week break to find i have to pay 140 pounds to get my car back, there was no signs up before we went away and the letter came through the door while we was away. thankyou .

Yes there was a member on here who had her car towed away while she was away ,she appealed to council tribunal and won .

She had to pay to get her car back then claim money back off council

Yes there was a member on here who had her car towed away while she was away ,she appealed to council tribunal and won .

She had to pay to get her car back then claim money back off council

Hi,

That was me. PM me blade08 if you need any help with anything; your situation sounds similar to mine. The procedure is fairly simple but you do have to wait quite a while to get your money back, which I think is a disgrace.

Best wishes,

S

Edited by Solitaire

Thanks solitaire ,we have appealed .it was the way the council spoke to us on the phone like we were complete idiots.

Hi,

That was me PM me blade08 if you need any help with anything; your situation sounds similar to mine. The procedure is fairly simple but you do have to wait quite a while to get your money back, which I think is a disgrace.

Best wishes,

S

Have you been reimbursed yet!

We had to move our cars off our street on a dedicated date, then they changed the dates,so we moved for the second time, and they never even did the work.

Sheffield Council jobsworths are total turnip heads

---------- Post added 25-09-2016 at 16:04 ----------

How can it be a scam? If it was a scam, they wouldn't put notices up. If people choose to ignore them, it's their fault

Are you reading all the posts, or just reading the ones you want??

Have you been reimbursed yet!

Hi, rudds,

Yes, I got the cheque last week. It took longer than the 28 days than it should have done but, to be fair, not that much longer.

S

---------- Post added 25-09-2016 at 16:11 ----------

Thanks solitaire ,we have appealed .it was the way the council spoke to us on the phone like we were complete idiots.

Good luck with your appeal. Keep us updated and, like I said, just shout if you have any questions.

All the best,

S

We had to move our cars off our street on a dedicated date, then they changed the dates,so we moved for the second time, and they never even did the work.

Sheffield Council jobsworths are total turnip heads

Do you not realise that they are private sector "turnip heads" working for the contractor, Amey?

And I did :clap: I heard today that Sheffield City Council chose not to contest my appeal to the Parking Adjudicator, admitting that 'evidence shows that my car WAS parked on the street in question prior to the signs going up'. Well I have mentioned just once or twice that that was the case :P

Anyway thanks everyone for taking part in the lively debate. I do think that justice prevailed.

Sleep well all.

S x

Pleased for ya solitaire, woman out of my own heart, fight for what you think is right, instead of taking crap

---------- Post added 25-09-2016 at 17:05 ----------

Do you not realise that they are private sector "turnip heads" working for the contractor, Amey?

Yen mate ( ooops sorry you don't have any ) and the SCC :D

Edited by local music

Of course. But they're private sector 'turnip heads' that Sheffield City Council got into bed with, aren't they????

S

Of course. But they're private sector 'turnip heads' that Sheffield City Council got into bed with, aren't they????

S

They won an open tender process if that's what you mean.

They are not council staff though.

They won an open tender process if that's what you mean.

They are not council staff though.

I'm fully aware that they're not SCC staff. However, if Amey's work isn't up to scratch, isn't it SCC's responsibility to manage the contract and ensure that they pull their socks up?

S