Sheffield drivers fined £80000 for car removal

In our situation the no parking was for street lighting, three lights, blah blah blah blah blah........

You sound like one of those annoying neighbours that has to find a problem with everything. Why not just move your car in time, and leave it parked elsewhere until the restriction ended, and be done with it? Talk about making a mountain over a mole hill :rolleyes:

These sort of stories are just pointlessly inflammatory. They always include a massive financial sum to stir it up further.

The usual ones are "single speed camera fines drivers £150,000" etc. The fact is if you obey the rules you don't get fined and therefore there's no issue.

Yes you do! And yes there is!

---------- Post added 17-07-2016 at 14:40 ----------

Oh my word such anger. You should try to take a walk in a park more often.

Let me make it clear for you, the signs are up for a month prior. If your car was towed you have no recourse to feel hard done by. Plus this map shows every road is scheduled: https://maps.sheffield.gov.uk/LocalViewExt/Sites/MasterProgramme/

Let me, one again, make it clear for you. The signs on the road from which my car was removed were put up FOUR DAYS before work commenced. SCC told me that in their response to my initial challenge.

So Berberis, why are you pedaling inaccurate rubbish?

S

We had notices put up recently on our street to allow for footpath resurfacing. They went up well in advance of the works starting, and clearly stated the relevant time frames. I had a very unique and cunning plan to avoid having to pay any parking fine for infringing these notices - I ensured my car was not parked within the designated areas during the relevant times. It was quite simple really.

We had notices put up recently on our street to allow for footpath resurfacing. They went up well in advance of the works starting, and clearly stated the relevant time frames. I had a very unique and cunning plan to avoid having to pay any parking fine for infringing these notices - I ensured my car was not parked within the designated areas during the relevant times. It was quite simple really.

Well done Baldrick: a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel :o

Maybe that's where I went wrong then: my plan just wasn't cunning enough. I opted for reading the leaflet that came through my door and then parking on a road not included in Amey's schedule of works. How stupid was I?

In future, I shall simply ignore all literature received at my house—tax demands, gas bills, birthday cards—because clearly you can't rely on any of it.

S

Edited by nikki-red

Just borrow a <removed> spreader from a local farmer and paint the front of the Town Hall.

Edited by Groose
masked swearing

Just borrow a <removed> spreader from a local farmer and paint the front of the Town Hall.

Now, that does sound like a cunning plan :P

Priory Road, S7 is tomorrow, Monday, hardly any signs and most residents seem unaware, seems really dodgy, the people who use it a free car park are going to get a shock as well.

---------- Post added 17-07-2016 at 18:38 ----------

My lovely Grandma always used to say that a fool and their money are easily parted.

For goodness sake, there really can't be a single motorist who lives in Sheffield who doesn't know that all the roads are to be resurfaced and have all the opportunity to look on the internet for guidance of when this may happen in their area.

I would like a link, thanks

---------- Post added 17-07-2016 at 18:39 ----------

Exactly so. Be observant for the signs and if you ARE going away and planning to leave your car on the road leave a spare set of keys with a neighbour or trusted friend.

It really isn't that difficult to simply move your vehicle each morning is it ?

It is for sick and disable people.

Signs went up last week ,no parking Dixon rd from the 18 th for 2 days . No sign of any work commencing ,strangely enough cars were still parking there . Do they know something I don't ???

No - they are taking a gamble and will be crying when their car gets towed away.

Daven I can understand a few silly people but not the whole rd . The 2 days are up now and no work has been done .

Daven I can understand a few silly people but not the whole rd . The 2 days are up now and no work has been done .

Yep - same here. The "stripping" crew came on the first day advertised, ripped the surface up and then left. They told one of my neighbours that the "surfacing" crew were running a fortnight behind schedule.

So my road is fairly unusable (because of bumps, raised ironworks, height differential between the road surface and the pavement etc), and won't be surfaced for much longer than the original plan.

And yes, moving the dates around impacts those who, for health reasons, need to keep their car near their house, or can't get out to move it easily.

I can assure you, Planner1, that if they took a video of the whole street on 24 June 2016 then my car will appear on it. Absolutely, definitely, 100%. No doubt. Whatsoever. It was left there on 18 June 2016. I have a witness.

They have insinuated that I'm a liar and they will be held to account for that.

I will win this. Make absolutely NO mistake about that.

To be continued ..........

And I did :clap: I heard today that Sheffield City Council chose not to contest my appeal to the Parking Adjudicator, admitting that 'evidence shows that my car WAS parked on the street in question prior to the signs going up'. Well I have mentioned just once or twice that that was the case :P

Anyway thanks everyone for taking part in the lively debate. I do think that justice prevailed.

Sleep well all.

S x