Sheffield drivers fined £80000 for car removal

On the 15th of this month they are starting to do some roads on jordanthorpe then on the 18th they start the rest so for around 5 days the whole of jordanthorpe is a no car zone between 7am to 7pm. How stupid is that where do they expect people to park.

When they did my street they left the sign up and then changed the date days after work should have started. They altered the date several times before finally doing the work, if they put the signs up with a specified date then the work should be started on that date.

When they did my street they left the sign up and then changed the date days after work should have started. They altered the date several times before finally doing the work, if they put the signs up with a specified date then the work should be started on that date.

If you ask them why they have not started on the date they say works are to start they always have some excuse or another

How long are the signs up for? We only got 48 hours notice of resurfacing which is a little bit rich in the holiday season when you'd expect people to be gone for up to 14 days...

On the 15th of this month they are starting to do some roads on jordanthorpe then on the 18th they start the rest so for around 5 days the whole of jordanthorpe is a no car zone between 7am to 7pm. How stupid is that where do they expect people to park.

Well, you make an excellent point. You should be allowed to park there and they simply tarmac over your car. :roll:

Very funny cyclone NOT. What I was meaning is why not do on side of the estate then when that's done do the other. Sorry you could not understand that cyclone.

The issue with the notices are, most of the time they are wrong. We had some put up four/five weeks ago advising pavement resurfacing was happening from the 22nd June, they then came two weeks after that and changed the date to last week then did the work... so that was two weeks of waiting for them to start work... there was nowhere to park our cars as they were advising all pavements around us were being done at the same time. So invariably people just leave cars there as they don't trust the signs.

I think I've read of one woman going away on holiday and she parked her car on her road as there was no notices of works been started ,they started work on her road while she was away so she got towed ,should people like her have been fined?

Most people would make sure their car was safe and off the road if they were going on holiday. There is no right for parking on roads even if it is outside your house. During the roadworks in my area the pavements have been churned up months before the road was done.

I imagine Amey'll be using the cash from the fines to compensate all those people who go to the bother of moving their cars only for Amey not to turn up when they say they will.

Only fair isn't it?

Most people would make sure their car was safe and off the road if they were going on holiday. There is no right for parking on roads even if it is outside your house. During the roadworks in my area the pavements have been churned up months before the road was done.

Like winch it into their garden or something?

There is an effective right to park on the road wherever it's not prohibited and doesn't cause an obstruction.

Sheffield car drivers have been fined around £80000 for having their cars removed in order that amey can do work to roads .

Kerching

Another money making scam . You can be certain the council are pocketing some cash from this scam .

It can't be easy for them to predict exactly when they will start work on any given road. What if they have run into problems on the previous road, causing delays? Should they just stop work there and start on the next road?