Blades should boycott Bolton!

This boycott will do nothing and the next game where a set of away supporters feel the price is too much, another boycott will be on the books. People will say its about time we said enough is enough AGAIN and again it wont make any difference. Rinse and repeat.

Welcome to British football.

Maybe not boycotting this game but doing it at some higher profile games might get the message across.

I'm surprised people are reacting to this in such a way and do suspect that the majority of boycotters are people who wouldn't have gone to the game anyway.

Are you sure this isn't you blades just getting your low attendance excuses in early? :hihi:

Are you sure this isn't you blades just getting your low attendance excuses in early? :hihi:

They will still be the highest in that league next season however I go to watch the game not count the crowd.

Maybe not boycotting this game but doing it at some higher profile games might get the message across.

Bayern Munich fans didn't have much of a impact when they boycotted their Champions League away game at the Emirates last season. It may get a side mention in the press the morning after, it's then brushed aside and forgotten about.

Careful you'll accuse yourself as trolling. :hihi:

Bayern Munich fans didn't have much of a impact when they boycotted their Champions League away game at the Emirates last season. It may get a side mention in the press the morning after, it's then brushed aside and forgotten about.

Again though the attendance from Bayern would have been minimal I'm thinking more a Sunday afternoon game live on Sky with both sets of fans not attending, it would definitely have an impact but as you said earlier, it wont happen, just look how much abuse a person gets if they say they wont attend games due to the cost.

The thing is, for any boycott to work then a number of clubs fans need to all do it on the same day. Imagine if it was done over two weekends and attendances were down by a third then clubs might see that fans are serious about it they might do something. The problem is the money going into the premier league, players go out on loan and do not want a drop in wages if they drop down a league or two. All the clubs are bothered about is money, I read yesterday Liverpool were selling their old wooden seats off at £200 a time.

The thing is, for any boycott to work then a number of clubs fans need to all do it on the same day. Imagine if it was done over two weekends and attendances were down by a third then clubs might see that fans are serious about it they might do something. The problem is the money going into the premier league, players go out on loan and do not want a drop in wages if they drop down a league or two. All the clubs are bothered about is money, I read yesterday Liverpool were selling their old wooden seats off at £200 a time.

Wooden seats; they should be so lucky! I recall sitting on a bench; no, it was more like a plank because it didn't have a back, in a 'stand' made out of rusting corrugated sheeting. That was the height of luxury at Derby County's ground in the '50s.

echo.

Again though the attendance from Bayern would have been minimal I'm thinking more a Sunday afternoon game live on Sky with both sets of fans not attending, it would definitely have an impact but as you said earlier, it wont happen, just look how much abuse a person gets if they say they wont attend games due to the cost.

BIB 1 - Totally agree.

BIB 2 - Who's getting abuse ?

Well done to those who campaigned against it. Mentioned in another forum, it's great some people are boycotting this but no doubt some will still pay a cheaper priced picket to see Gillingham (for example) yet the overall cost could be the same if not more due to distance. :hihi: