Did you install PokemonGo for Android via APK.. Read this!

If you installed Pokemon GO via APK in the last few days, because you're impatient and couldn't wait...

I would advise reading this... http://gizmodo.com/did-you-install-this-malicious-pokemon-go-app-1783399021

I checked mine (also impatient) and i'm clear, but checked a friends and they weren't....

is just a heads up ;)

I didn't download the APK as the rumours were already abound. However, they are banning people who have the APK file. I know one person already that has been banned for the illegal access.

Of course, illegal wouldn't be darn happening if they released it here already. But nope, it's now on hold due to the amount of people using the servers.

not seen anything about the banning... except that it's all rumors...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-07-07-pokemon-go-users-deleting-app-after-ban-rumour-begins

It is possible someone is making it up. Someone is my cosplay group to be more accurate (without naming and shaming them...) However, if people are removing it, that should ease the servers and hopefully get it here faster....

Yeah, there's been 2 dead bodies, and 1 missing girl found (over in the US)

There was a rumor that a huge pileup in MA was caused by PoGo, but that was false .:)

Yeah, there's been 2 dead bodies, and 1 missing girl found (over in the US)

There was a rumor that a huge pileup in MA was caused by PoGo, but that was false .:)

it says people are getting into a bit of bother cos they arent looking where they are going mind lol

it says people are getting into a bit of bother cos they arent looking where they are going mind lol

I have noticed an increase in the number of people looking at their phones while walking the street...

I went to the local shop earlier, and pretty much every person I passed had their phone out and was looking at it, i'm not saying every one was on PoGo, but there has to have been at least a few.... (i'm talking about at least 10 people here)

admittedly though, I did catch another and check out a PokeStop on the way ;)

I was really tempted to install it but I don't want to risk getting banned either.

I can see very good reasons why they might ban, as not only do they need to keep the server load under control but also they might need to change the server code and roll out updates. People who installed from APK will be using older versions.

That said, they could always block older versions from connecting as they release newer ones.

Teen thugs lure, rob Pokemon Go gamers

Enterprising teen thugs have used a feature in the virally-popular Pokemon Go mobile game to lure and rob gamers.

The mobile app, released last week, uses augmented reality to overlay Pokemon around the real world, requiring players to walk around to collect the famed characters.

Police at the US State of Missouri's O’Fallon Police Department issued a statement warning that four individuals were arrested in a Black BMW with a handgun after they were reported lurking at locations where Pokemon were likely to appear.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/07/10/teen_thugs_lure_rob_pokemon_go_gamers/

The Metro had an article online today to show how to get around the lack of being able to play in the UK. Release apparently is expected in the UK in the next few days though :)