Beware stones being thrown idsworth road 09/07/2016

I was driving up idsworth road on my way to the northern general hospital and there is a group of young men / teens throwing stones at each other. Chaos!

No doubt damage being done to cars and property.

Be vigilant

Was this at the bottom end of the road, outside the furniture shop?

I've seen youths hanging around there at night. . . possibly an overflow from the Roma hanging around outside the Page Hall shops until the late hours of the night! I've not seen the youths throwing stones at each other before, but then I never drive up Idsworth Road anymore.

I recommend using Bolsover Road instead (the next road up from the Page Hall road junction) as it's wider and flatter with much better visibility and much less vehicle congestion.

Yes outside the furniture shop, I will definitely be using bolsover road next time.

The men or teens were of Pakistan origin the one I remember who had a brick was wearing three quarter bottoms, and had one of them haircuts with hair on the top but not much on the side.

Hopefully someone called the police and they got taken in.

Please ring 101 now. Why are you letting it become a decision for others to call in? 101 is for non-emergency, if someone reported it they might need enough confirmation there to do something about it.

I didn't call earlier because I was in a rush to the hospital, is there any use me calling now (after the event)?

. . .and had one of them haircuts with hair on the top but not much on the side.

that describes most of the Roma youth in Page Hall :D

:) Yeah but I'm 100% certain this was a Pakistani group. Not that that matters but i'm just giving an honest description.

I believe that the recently elected Labour MP for that constituency lives on that very same street... why not ask her what her Labour council's solution to this kind of problem is??

I didn't call earlier because I was in a rush to the hospital, is there any use me calling now (after the event)?

Yes there is, for the reason I stated. The police, rightfully, weight the number of reports on incidents. The more reports, the more urgent the response becomes.

If 1 person rings about potentially seeing some stone-throwing thugs in a street they won't necessarily feel it is a good use of resources to investigate, if ten persons ring it changes the complexity.

Annoying, but true. Just give them a call, it won't cost you anything and they won't complain about it, in fact, I found them very helpful.

I doubt a politician can fix such a problem, the root cause is bad parenting, lack of respect for surroudings, and being general low life with nothing better to do than be a nuisance.

---------- Post added 10-07-2016 at 00:09 ----------

Yes there is, for the reason I stated. The police, rightfully, weight the number of reports on incidents. The more reports, the more urgent the response becomes.

If 1 person rings about potentially seeing some stone-throwing thugs in a street they won't necessarily feel it is a good use of resources to investigate, if ten persons ring it changes the complexity.

Annoying, but true. Just give them a call, it won't cost you anything and they won't complain about it, in fact, I found them very helpful.

Thanks I just did, I gave the time of the incident and description of the culprits, they said they will look into and check if any local cctv may have caught the event. :thumbsup:

I doubt a politician can fix such a problem, the root cause is bad parenting, lack of respect for surroudings, and being general low life with nothing better to do than be a nuisance.

---------- Post added 10-07-2016 at 00:09 ----------

Thanks I just did, I gave the time of the incident and description of the culprits, they said they will look into and check if any local cctv may have caught the event. :thumbsup:

Thanks Emma :) The Dutch have a saying, a better world begins with yourself. Well done and I hope the problem is addressed appropriately!

:) Yeah but I'm 100% certain this was a Pakistani group. Not that that matters but i'm just giving an honest description.

What makes you 100% certain they were Pakistani and not Roma?