What's a decent salary in Sheffield?

I make between 60-80k on amazon, when I earn 60 almost 20k went on taxes. Shocking

Isn't the National average salary about £24,000?

And in Sheffield there are a lot of people on a lot less than that.

There are a lot on less than ten :help:

There are a lot on less than ten :help:

Yes samssong I can vouch for that my wife is on much less mate

Pete

I make between 60-80k on amazon, when I earn 60 almost 20k went on taxes. Shocking

And £12K on Amazon fees most likely, of which not even 20p went on taxes

Can I ask what do you?

I'd like to be able to make £60k working abroad...

Isn't the National average salary about £24,000?

And in Sheffield there are a lot of people on a lot less than that.

Exactly, so worrying if £60k is enough is a bit, well, silly.

And £12K on Amazon fees most likely, of which not even 20p went on taxes

To be honest, I don't mind hat Amazon use tax loopholes. Never have I seen such an outstanding customer orientated company.

I know that won't go down well but I feel they're so good it doesn't bother me, what they provide to me as a seller and a buyer is invaluable service.

It's not rockstar riches, but if you rent and have no unusual expenses or family to support then 60k is plenty in Sheffield to live very comfortably.

There are websites where you can put in 2 cities to compare the cost of living.

For example

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_cities.jsp?country1=United+Kingdom&country2=Thailand&city1=Sheffield&city2=Bangkok

You've been living somewhere, so this will give you a good indication of how the cost of living compares, and you can already work out how 60k would compare to whatever you've been earning before (use a take home calculator to find out the net monthly, and a currency exchange website to convert it to whatever you're familiar with).

don't make ant serious moves ref housing till we see where the brexit stuff will lead.

A warm welcome to Sheffield bendix!!

You can live very well here on that salary. No problems.

Fair enough. My thoughts are to rent a 2 bed place in an area like Broomhill or Netheredge. I'm not sure I'll even need a car - but we'll see.

I can search here for rent and sale prices. What i was more interested in was getting some input on what posters in Sheffield tend to spend on things like power, tv, transport. On those issues, I literally have no clue.

:D When I rented, I had a 3 bed house in Hillsborough (sharing with a friend) for £500-£550 a month (my current mortgage is much less than that), though Broomhill and Nether Edge are likely to be much more expensive.

Bills at present are around £150-200 per month between the two of us, I think. Offset that in a two bed flat would likely be less, though you'd have service charges.

Can't help with entertainment package as my friend works for Virgin so we're on staff rates :)

I earn less than half of your offered salary, and I get along fine!