Wordsworth tavern/colley wmc

whats peoples memories on the named drinking holes above?

Used to go in best room at tavern every weekend in the late 60s early 70s good atmosphere don't remember any trouble went to Colley club on Sunday nights my mother in law worked behind the bar Elsie Furniss! all good memories though!

Has the Wordsworth Tavern closed, might be the wrong pub but I heard a car went into the closed pub?

Went in tavern late 70's onwards mainly at lunchtimes to play Crash, Dominoes or Darts. Colley club on a Sunday lunchtime, my dad joined Colley Club on first day it opened.

Very very distantly I seem to remember going to infant/junior school with a girl Caroline Green who's parents ran Wordsworth tavern at the time, that would be mid to late 1960's.

whats peoples memories on the named drinking holes above?

I opened the new tavern on it's first day of trading.I worked for Smiths at that time and used to do a bit of relief managing for a few landlords .Remember filling all the shelves up the day before and getting it ready for the big opening.Me and a landlord who was the gaffer at the Penguin on Shiregreen Colin Goddard opened it as a favour for the proper landlord who for some reason could not be there.It really looked well but I have not been in it since.

the landlord when i started going in around 1988 was Mr Albert House and his wife who kept the wordsworth tavern immaculately clean

Both were my locals, 1969 to 1974 names that come to mind Joe Dempsy ,Pat Deakin, Ken Wright , Gudge, Dave Biddles,.

Big Cyril the committee man at the WMC

My Grand Parents worked at The Tavern and Fighting **** around early to late 70s.

Anybody remember Madge & Arthur Gill?

Both sadly passed,and greatly missed.

i remember arther gill, a good man and a great snooker player

i worked behind the bar in the 60s at the old prefab, 2 bob a pint. 

My aunt and uncle Charlie and Flo Bradley ran Wordsworth Tavern in the 70s!

I did a stint behind the bar during the 80’s. Albert was the landlord, lovely bloke. His wife used cook Sunday dinners, with delicious smells of beef, gravy and Yorkshire puddings wafting downstairs, I was starving by closing time! Some right characters in there - Gordon Biddles,  Sam Hurst, Joe Mooney etc.

i think the old tavern was built in 1951, best room was called, doves cottage, and tap room was something , rainbow.