Help me find this village!

Hi,

Me and my partner went on a drive a few years ago (we like to go to random places), and we came across a little village.

Please help me identify it as I would love to go back!

It was a small village with a row of shops on one side and a building which looked like an old hovis factory (had hovis written on the side). Across from it was a spar shop. If you carried on up the road, there was a hill which was gated and said some in about war monuments?

I think it tool around an hour to get there, but we didn't use a satnav, just drove in random directions and stumbled across it.

Please help me find it as I would love to go back and take some photos!

Hi,

Me and my partner went on a drive a few years ago (we like to go to random places), and we came across a little village.

Please help me identify it as I would love to go back!

It was a small village with a row of shops on one side and a building which looked like an old hovis factory (had hovis written on the side). Across from it was a spar shop. If you carried on up the road, there was a hill which was gated and said some in about war monuments?

I think it tool around an hour to get there, but we didn't use a satnav, just drove in random directions and stumbled across it.

Please help me find it as I would love to go back and take some photos!

A clue on which way out of Sheffield you travelled may help people.

I like a challenge, but this one might be one too many.

I am going to hazard a guess and say that what you encountered was indeed a grain-store, rather than a Hovis factory. If it was, you were probably in (Northern) Lincolnshire?

Ok, lets narrow it down slowly.

What country were you in?

Ok, lets narrow it down slowly.

What country were you in?

Given they drove an hour out of (presumably) Sheffield, I cant imagine they got as far as France :D

Given they drove an hour out of (presumably) Sheffield, I cant imagine they got as far as France :D

But they don't state where they set off from.

Even France is only an hour away from some places.

But they don't state where they set off from.

Even France is only an hour away from some places.

Given this is Sheffield Forum, I think its safe to assume they set off from Sheffield or the immediate area :hihi:

A starting point would be good, we can then look at a map to determine the area you could be in.

Could this be in Macclesfield area, I think Hovis has origins there.

Given this is Sheffield Forum, I think its safe to assume they set off from Sheffield or the immediate area :hihi:

I could name you many, many members on Sheffield forum who are all over the UK and the rest of the world.

Assume is made up of three words.

Ass. You. Me.

If you assume, then ME thinks U is an ASS :hihi::hihi: