Disability Sheffield PA Register

Disability Sheffield has designed and developed a PA Register for adults, young people or children who are looking to employ a PA, and also for Personal Assistants looking for work within the social care sector.

The register has been designed by people who have experience of recruiting PAs and who understand how time-consuming and frustrating a process it can be. We want to make the process of recruiting a PA as simple and hassle-free as possible for you.

There are lots of people wanting to be PAs with a whole range of experience and there are increasing numbers of people looking for PAs of their own choice to meet their particular needs but there has been no easy way for PAs to find employers and vice versa – until now.

The PA Register is a database which allows PAs to complete a FREE profile, and these profiles can be searched by potential employers. It also allows employers to advertise specific jobs, which are searchable by PAs. If a PA thinks they might be suitable for one of these advertised jobs, they are able to apply directly to the employer

We invite both people looking to employ a PA and PAs looking for work to take a look at the register at http://www.disabilitysheffield.org.uk/pa-register and sign up today!

Great news, this has been one of the demands of Sheffield Care Matters, its been really difficult getting the right carers for many in Sheffield, lots of other issues to be addressed though including care hour cuts, hours, etc, level of financial contributions, etc.

Thanks manwithaview - it's good to know the service is welcome and we hope it alleviates some of the problems we know disabled people have in recruiting PA's. Please keep in touch with us at http://www.disabilitysheffield.org.uk - perhaps consider becoming a supporter - whilst Healthwatch Sheffield http://www.healthwatchsheffield.co.uk are the local watchdog on Health and Social Care issues - you may also be interested in the Disability Hub which seeks to involve local people on equality issues covering the wider range of services offered by Sheffield City Council - please folllow this link for further information:

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/your-city-council/policy--performance/how-we-will-deliver/other-strategies-plans-and-policies/equality-and-diversity/equality-hub-network/disability-hub.html

Take care for now.

HI, just noticed there are quite significant fees involved if you are an 'employer' I can imagine these will be 'competitive' to other PA banks, are there any?, but i wasn't expecting to have to find 55 pounds to sign up for three months, will there be extra funding from the council to pay for this through the direct payments system?

HI, just noticed there are quite significant fees involved if you are an 'employer' I can imagine these will be 'competitive' to other PA banks, are there any?, but i wasn't expecting to have to find 55 pounds to sign up for three months, will there be extra funding from the council to pay for this through the direct payments system?

Hi there, there are indeed other websites that offer the same services, however many of these are nationwide whereas ours is the only one that is specific to Sheffield. The sign up fees for employers may seem a little steep, however we have researched other PA Registers to ensure we are offering a competitive service; if not cheaper in some cases. Ideally we would love to provide the register free of charge, however we do not receive any government or outside funding to maintain the service.

In terms of receiving extra funding to cover the fees through the direct payment system, this is something you would have to speak to your social worker about or request during your assessment as I'm not entirely sure this is something the SCC would provide.

I think this looks very positive, yes the fees aren't ideal. However I would say to anyone looking for services that this could be very cost effective especially when you consider how much cheaper a PA is rather than having a £14+ per hr care agency.

Something very much worth looking into for all needing services and I wish Disability Sheffield every success with this!

Just a little update on our PA Register - after promoting it for several months, we now have a rapidly growing number of Personal Assistants signing up. Due to this, we have extended our FREE sign up period for employers as we want as many people as possible to be able to benefit from this service.

So, if you are looking to hire your own Personal Assistants or care staff, please sign up using the code FREE3 and place an advert today!

Just a little update on our PA Register - after promoting it for several months, we now have a rapidly growing number of Personal Assistants signing up.

Sounds good. How many PAs do you have on the register?

---------- Post added 12-03-2017 at 14:15 ----------

Sounds good. How many PAs do you have on the register?

Having searched the register using every postcode option, it seems there are a total of 28 pa's currently (12th March 17) registered.