Agressive man Sheffield City Centre

I have just read about this chap on Facebook. Now I personally havent had any agression from him (possibly because he targets women).

However he wanders round the City Centre begging. There is an allegation that he comes from Barnsley and he is making some of our residents and visitors feel uncomfortable.

What can we do about this? Who do we report this too. I have seen him harrasing people outside Leopold Square at night (especially young girls).

Is there someone we can report this to or do we just have to put up with the problem?

Edited by woodmally

Now I personally have had any agression from him (possibly because he targets women).

Either you've missed a word, or I mistakenly thought you were a bloke :?

Either you've missed a word, or I mistakenly thought you were a bloke :?

yep it was a typo corrected.

He is a horrible bloke, seen him abusing the West Street Tesco staff on a number of occasions. However, he has not been convicted of a crime and has had his mug shot plastered all over social media, resulting in people threatening him with violence

He is a horrible bloke, seen him abusing the West Street Tesco staff on a number of occasions. However, he has not been convicted of a crime and has had his mug shot plastered all over social media, resulting in people threatening him with violence

good. a taste of his own medicine.

good. a taste of his own medicine.

The problem for me is what do we do about him. He was wandering around again outside Argos Sunday morning.

As someone posted on Facebook he is pleasant at times (usually morning) but it seems he gets aggressive later, probably when he is desperate for money and a fix.

What can be done. Everyone knows who he is everyone knows he is a problem but what can be done?

Maybe he is dyslexic and thought it said Agro's ?

One day he will take issue with the wrong person, just need to wait for that day to happen.

If we ever want the city to improve we need to stop 'helping' this type of scum and people need to stop giving them money. Close the project at the cathedral and stop funding their addictions.

What is being done in town is clearly not working as we now seem to have an epidemic of drunk tramps in the city centre which no one is doing anything positive about.

If we ever want the city to improve we need to stop 'helping' this type of scum and people need to stop giving them money. Close the project at the cathedral and stop funding their addictions.

What is being done in town is clearly not working as we now seem to have an epidemic of drunk tramps in the city centre which no one is doing anything positive about.

Possibly the most absurd thing I have read on this forum. Well done.

Possibly the most absurd thing I have read on this forum. Well done.

Why? I unfortunately have to work near there and encounter it's clients on a daily basis. They hang around the outside round the corner drinking their special brew and drag one of the nicer areas of town down to their level.

You have your opinion, I have mine. I personally think this kind of thing should be located out of town so as not to encourage the tramps to populate our city centre. Maybe then we'd get some shops etc.