Stones/tetley in city centre

I fancy having a stroll round the city centre one afternoon and have a pint while I'm there....trouble is , all the beer seems to be either John Smiths or the 'perfumed' real ale which I really don't like. I used to like stones and tetleys which I know I can still get in the suburbs, but I wondered if anyone knows if they are still sold in the city centre.

The best hand pulled Tetleys is at Fagans on Broad Lane Sheffield.

Neither taste remotely like they used to since the original breweries closed.

I fancy having a stroll round the city centre one afternoon and have a pint while I'm there....trouble is , all the beer seems to be either John Smiths or the 'perfumed' real ale which I really don't like. I used to like stones and tetleys which I know I can still get in the suburbs, but I wondered if anyone knows if they are still sold in the city centre.

Which 'suburbs' would they be Mr.j ?

You may find you enjoy some of the locally brewed ales if you stick to the more traditional brown malty bitters.

Which 'suburbs' would they be Mr.j ?

The Birley hotel and Sherwood on Birley Moor Road at Frecheville still serve Stones, and the Swan and possibly Queens down Ridgeway used to, but I haven't been down there for a while.

---------- Post added 04-07-2016 at 08:38 ----------

You may find you enjoy some of the locally brewed ales if you stick to the more traditional brown malty bitters.

For example Andy ?

Wow... We really HAVE gone back to the 70s post-Brexit haven't we? :)

---------- Post added 04-07-2016 at 12:00 ----------

This should be good... :)

The ' Big Gun' on the Wicker has Stones ale on . Its been a while since Iv been though , ' Hen and Chicken's' used to have it.

Guest makapaka

Anyone know where you can get "stones creamflow" these days?

Hell.wanktosspisflaps

Creamflow is all there is I think these days? I don't think old-style fizzy (i.e. carbonated) Stones exists (except in a can). Same for Tetley's (and John Smith's). Of course neither beer is the same these days anyway, it's just the name and the graphic design.

In Good Beer Guide parlance I've not seen Stones (H) for a long time, maybe it no longer exists. Stones (E) always tasted the same as the keg stuff to me.

We've got many more and much better local beers now, but something was lost when the old brewery empires bit the dust.