Is it possible to request police fit CCTV in anti social areas?

Hi all, my road has recently become a playground for anti social behaviour, people lean on my mums car, they shout in the street, the openly do drugs, is it possible for someone like me to request police fit cctv on my road?

Not sure if it would be Sheffield City Council that you would have to approach. Do you have neighbourhood watch, is it something they could get involved with, or your local councillor may also be able to shed some light on this. Best of luck and hope that peace is restored quickly!

Thank you for the reply, I will have look on the council website. Im not sure what the neighbourhood watch is, if you don't mind explainig or I can check online to see if it comes up. Thanks

The police do have Mocam which are portable CCTV boxes placed at height on lampposts.

There are a few on Abbeydale road to help with anti social behaviour.

I am not sure how areas qualify to have them fitted but I should imagine a chat with your local CSO or a call via 101 will help.

Hi all, my road has recently become a playground for anti social behaviour, people lean on my mums car, they shout in the street, the openly do drugs, is it possible for someone like me to request police fit cctv on my road?

I hope you get some help but dont count on SYP for CCTV. A family I know was the victim of a hate crime, SYP were hopeless and the best advice they could give was for the family to move away from the area they knew and lived in for years. The scum who made their lives hell are still doing it however now they are harassing another vulnerable family.

What area do you live in?

You can get the contact details for your local policing unit to discuss your concerns from the South Yorkshire Police website.

It may be that an intelligence picture is being built up. If not, the discussion you can have with a member of the LPU will certainly be a start to that and avenues to prevent this anti social behaviour can be explored with you, the LPU and your community as well.

Edited by Adi-

Thanks for all the replies, I don't feel comfortable saying exactly where I live because I don't want the people to know i'm reporting.

I will however report it to the police everyday that it happens, and look to contact the council as well. Thank you for all the help :) it means alot

i know its a late reply but im sure they dont do the police cctv anymore probably because of the cuts.

i know its a late reply but im sure they dont do the police cctv anymore probably because of the cuts.

They do. Just look at the mocams either side of the rude shipyard on Abbeydale red, around mount pleasant park and other areas of anti social behaviour.

This will probably only be provided in affluent areas of Sheffield.

This will probably only be provided in affluent areas of Sheffield.

Abbeydale road/ fieldhead road???

From sy police website

What do police mean by antisocial behaviour?

Antisocial behaviour is any aggressive, intimidating or destructive activity that damages or destroys another person's quality of life.

It might include:

Nuisance, rowdy or inconsiderate neighbours.

Vandalism, graffiti and fly-posting

The buying or selling of drugs in public

Street drinking

Environmental damage including littering, dumping of rubbish and abandoning cars

Prostitution related activity

Begging and vagrancy

Fireworks misuse

Inconsiderate or inappropriate use of vehicles

There are many definitions in various laws about crime and antisocial behaviour.** The basic question is, “Is this more than a trivial nuisance”.* If it is, then it may be antisocial behaviour.

Officers from South Yorkshire Police will take a common-sense approach and we will always try to act if the conduct in question causes an adverse impact on your quality of life

http://www.southyorks.police.uk/antisocialbehaviour

On the Sheffield council website there is a process called the community trigger.

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/in-your-area/report_request/crime/community-trigger.html