Wednesday sign Steven Fletcher

Great signing for the Owls, not sure on the contract yet but done deal apparently...

Our first statement of intent.

Great signing to be fair, just wondering where he will fit in and who the front two pairing will be for you guys now and stuff.

If there is any truth in the rumour SSN were broadcasting about Norwich offering him a £30k a week salary, it makes you wonder how much you lot are paying him per week. Scary wages these days in the Championship.

I'll wait and see, I think he is a high profile signing, but to be honest, since his days for Wolves and the first season for Sunderland I haven't seen anything to suggest he still has that ability. And didn't he drop out because of injury? Or am I confusing him with someone else now?

Big fella who knows where the net is , reckon big Dave will be on his way now .

I'll wait and see, I think he is a high profile signing, but to be honest, since his days for Wolves and the first season for Sunderland I haven't seen anything to suggest he still has that ability. And didn't he drop out because of injury? Or am I confusing him with someone else now?

Fletcher could walk into any promotion chasing Championship club quite easily in my opinion tzijlstra. I'm not surprised in the slightest to see Norwich were after him as he definitely fit their mould of player and to be fair it wouldn't have surprised me to see Newcastle have a sniff at their neighbours player.

I think the main asset of the player is that he is a threat in the air and he will compliment the likes of Forestieri perfectly with his knock downs.

Does this mean Hooper is going to play a more wider role for you guys or maybe in a position behind the front two (which he would probably be suited to based on what I saw of him last year. Alternatively could he be a rotation player? If so, as probably one of, if not the highest earner at the club now...It is a brave and expensive purchase.

---------- Post added 01-07-2016 at 13:46 ----------

Big fella who knows where the net is , reckon big Dave will be on his way now .

Yeah...He has to doesn't he? He is somewhat a boy amongst the men now. He has been a good servant to you lot by the sounds of it but you have just replaced him with a similar style of player however much more prolific.

Reported £35k a week, 4 year contract for a 29 year old, seems like Fletcher has been handed a fantastic opportunity.

He should do well for the Owls, this level he should excel.

If Fletcher has a bad start to the season....Neil Warnock is being lined up to come in....

Edited by Sheridan1-0

Now we have someone to cross too and put the ball in the Net,Atti tried but never seemed to be successful,plus a lot stronger

He'll have to get the right boots on as for a while, he's not been able to hit a cows backside with a banjo his strike rate at Sunderland was a goal every 4.08 games, played 94 scored 23 hardly prolific is it.

Edited by Bypassblade

The salary and length of contract are a huge surprise to be fair considering his injury record.....If he is beyond all these in the link below then he does know where the back of the net is guaranteed.

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/players/2795/steven_fletcher_injury.html