Sheffield drug dealers jailed

A couple of weeks ago I was talking to an addict/dealer with a £1500 a week habit, he's 56 years old and never had a job in his life so what do you think his contribution to the economy is?.

---------- Post added 13-07-2016 at 17:21 ----------

Proceeds from illegal drug sales are spent in the economy, so they are in effect contributing to the economy...

A lot of the time with money stolen from others.

Proceeds from illegal drug sales are spent in the economy, so they are in effect contributing to the economy...

Most of big dealers I know of spend very little of it over here but have properties in spain etc

Proceeds from a lot of crimes are spent in the economy so shall we lagalise them all?.

I say legalise them. Darwin Award comes to mind.

What an utter waste of public funds. Catching prosecuting and putting on trial business-people who are providing a service to meet the needs of Sheffield people.

You could argue that society shouldn't have to 'mop up and molly coddle people who can't hack it' when they smoke cigarettes and get lung cancer or heart disease. Smoking cigarettes is an addiction too.

Why exactly do you draw the line ?

Didn't i say all drugs...

Nicotine is an addictive and stimulant - a recreational drug.

Edited by Daven

Nicotine is an addictive and stimulant - a recreational drug.

And legal.

I agree legalize the lot, treat addiction as a disease not a crime.

Agree again. They should be able to get there fix from the chemist. Free or paid for. Fair enough it won't stop people stealing for there habit, but the dealers would be short of cash to spend on there crap motors.

It wasn't just drugs that some where convicted for, they also had firearms

Why?

Its a personal choice to put any drugs into your system regardless of which ones.If you don't try them you can't get addicted.

Why should society have to mop up and molly cuddle people who can't hack it?

Its not mollycoddling its pragmatism.

Part of the attraction to drugs is lifestyle, its cool to be a gangster dealer, its trendy to pop a pill.

Make them stand in a queue outside Boots to get their prescription filled, see how trendy or cool that feels.

Crime would plummet overnight.

Like you i am not really interested in those who "cant hack it" I am however interested in the families that they ruin, the communities they infest and the victims they need to fund their insanity.

I agree legalize the lot, treat addiction as a disease not a crime.

Agree again. They should be able to get there fix from the chemist. Free or paid for. Fair enough it won't stop people stealing for there habit, but the dealers would be short of cash to spend on there crap motors.

What an utter waste of public funds. Catching prosecuting and putting on trial business-people who are providing a service to meet the needs of Sheffield people.

Legalise drugs :huh: but what about those business-people who will have their businesses ruined, you do not seem to have any thought for them :rolleyes::huh: