Endcliffe park closed by Police 30/06/2016

I reckon corporal punishment!!! Prevented me from going the wrong way back in the 'good old days'

Knowing what I would get from my dad was my deterrent for misbehaving. Hope the lad is okay.

I reckon corporal punishment!!! Prevented me from going the wrong way back in the 'good old days'

Are you suggesting that in order to teach younger people that violence is not the way forward that we should perform violent acts on them?

Interesting...

---------- Post added 03-07-2016 at 16:08 ----------

Knowing what I would get from my dad was my deterrent for misbehaving.

What would your dad get you?

How would National Service help?

Teach them unarmed combat, so they fight without a knife?

Train them to kill rather than maim when knife fighting?

Give them discipline so they dont do stupid things like this in the first place.

Give them discipline so they dont do stupid things like this in the first place.

"Two soldiers have been jailed after viciously assaulting two disabled teenagers for their own entertainment in what a judge described as a “chilling and sadistic attack”.

"Jason Ferguson, 18, and John Ward, 19, lured their victims into an alley after meeting them on a drunken night out near their army camp at Sennybridge in the Brecon Beacons.

"The teenagers – a 16-year-old deaf boy with autism and his 18-year-old autistic friend – were then assaulted and subjected to verbal abuse.

"Prosecutor Sue Ferrier said: “What happened beggars belief. They were unlucky enough to cross the paths of these men who had been drinking all night and were heavily intoxicated.”

There's discipline for you.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/mar/29/two-soldiers-jailed-for-assault-on-disabled-teenagers

Two soldiers? Two cowards would have been a better description. Cos only cowards would pick on disabled people.

sounds like this will all boil down to drugs again.

Hope the lad makes a full recovery.

---------- Post added 04-07-2016 at 08:48 ----------

Carrying knives in the street should equal a minimum sentence and none of this 'he was only carrying it for his defence' should allow judges to give offenders anything less.

attempted murder sentence should be the charge for carrying a knife

Endcliffe park is shut ... police cordon tape all over 7 police cars ,1 riot van , 2 ambulances and helicopter flying around anyone know anything ?

and the rest, I was driving past and counted more vehicles in attendance........was it an isolated attack or were there gangs of people involved? Imagine the duplication of paperwork.

So are you suggesting that serving in the armed forces reduces the chances of violent crime taking place?

---------- Post added 04-07-2016 at 12:44 ----------

and the rest, I was driving past and counted more vehicles in attendance........was it an isolated attack or were there gangs of people involved? Imagine the duplication of paperwork.

Using your hindsight, what should the police response to this crime have been?

Imagine the duplication of paperwork.

That's exactly my response when a serious incident takes place. After the July 7th bombings I couldn't sleep because of the duplication of paperwork.

Are you suggesting that in order to teach younger people that violence is not the way forward that we should perform violent acts on them?

Interesting...

Every action has a reaction! Corporal punishment in my youth was just that - a punishment!

It wasn't seen as a violent act and to be fair I deserved it. If someone had merely spoke to me saying it was bad behaviour I would have effectively assumed I'd got away with it, and being led astray as I was, would/could have ended up me doing life in instalments :P