Tramlines - no Devonshire green stage

seems tramlines organisers have made a late decision to move the planned Devo green stage into the O2 academy citing need some under cover venue! i thought festivals were meant to be outdoors - Somehow Tramlines wont seem the same this year with nothing at all on Devo green - poor decision in my view

Is the main stage up at the Ponderosa not happening? That's very much outdoors and should provide the mud you appear to crave ;)

Having watched Nat Johnson's band & brass band playing to about 80 people on a rain swept devonshire green last year I can understand the decision - but the 02 is not quite the same as being outdoors (and its about £8:50 for a half of cooking lager)

Probably the cost savings as cheaper to have one than two with all the bells and whistles of the stage set and associated. The O2 is more or less good to go with less running costs.

Possibly a problem with the amount of rain we have had and the ground being extremely soft and easily damaged...repair costs would be greater. Shame as I would prefer more outside venues even in the rain and that side of town is much nicer to be around with the bars/ toilets.

Edited by Evei

There's a list of official Tramlines venues (both main and fringe) along the tram route available on the Supertram website here: http://www.supertram.com/uploads/tramlinesvenuesbytram2016.pdf

You will see there is plenty going on spread over quite a distance...

You can view an online version of the official programme book here: http://www.tramlines.org.uk/programme/

seems tramlines organisers have made a late decision to move the planned Devo green stage into the O2 academy citing need some under cover venue! i thought festivals were meant to be outdoors - Somehow Tramlines wont seem the same this year with nothing at all on Devo green - poor decision in my view

Disappointing. O2 is a horrible dingy venue :gag:

Main stage is still outdoors though - in Ponderosa Park. It's walkable from Dev Green area (via Uni) or jump on a tram to Netherthorpe Road