Jump to content

Recommendations for Mini bus or taxi hire for airport runs?

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, bendix said:

The price I quoted was from a website today.  Like I said, Google is your friend.  It's not hard.  And yes it was for one way.

 

I don't understand what your flight arrangements have to do with your need to get quotes for a taxi in 2020, but never mind.  I get the need to book flights early for good deals.  But taxis?  Why do it so early?

I have already explained that. I need reliable taxi and realistic prices to decide which airport we go from not best guess from a website. I also want a recommendation because we have previously used a company and the driver kept nodding, falling  asleep at the wheel and another had a car that was dodgy. We went with them a few months later the same year and the same vehicle was still dodgy.  I have been so frightened by the way some of them have driven that I refused to go by taxi again, hence we have been driving ourselves or getting a lift off dad.

 

 The more expensive flight from Doncaster may not be too bad compared to adding taxi prices on to the other two airports. We are not too keen on the flight times from Doncaster but neither of us fancies being up all night and driving  to be at Manchester or East Mids  for 2am. 

 

Until a few years ago we have always booked flights and taxis a year in advance. The prices have been kept the same as they took it in to consideration when taking the booking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be more than that from where you are.  Will be nearer to £90 to get to Manchester and about £80 to East Midlands.

 

I have used Premier Airport Cars before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, i just checked it on Uber and got a price of £65 and that's without booking in advance.

 

Now, don't bother me again. I'm off to call the supermarket to make sure they have the right ingredients in for a dinner I'm planning to cook in 2022.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bendix said:

Well, i just checked it on Uber and got a price of £65 and that's without booking in advance.

 

Now, don't bother me again. I'm off to call the supermarket to make sure they have the right ingredients in for a dinner I'm planning to cook in 2022.

Uber has just quoted £81-108 single trip; a really silly price LOL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Bendix is having as many issues with his uber app as he is with his polite button ;)

 

East Midlands will be 61-85.

 

I wouldn't risk Uber though on a pre booked journey.  Go for an airport service and you will pay roughly the prices I suggested above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JamesR123 said:

I think Bendix is having as many issues with his uber app as he is with his polite button ;)

 

East Midlands will be 61-85.

 

I wouldn't risk Uber though on a pre booked journey.  Go for an airport service and you will pay roughly the prices I suggested above.

Thanks. I'm trying to get through to Premier now. I think bendix has failed to understand what I have written. I want a decent taxi company where I will arrive safely and won't be scared whitless en route. The same taxi driver that nodded missed the car in front at traffic lights by a hair's breadth. I had to talk none stop to keep him awake. If he had done it again I was going to tell him to get out and I would drive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The guy at Premier didn't know Sheffield.....groan. How can you leave someone on a switchboard that doesn't know where the villages are when you explain? He asked the postcode but was none the wiser. I asked if he knew the different junctions along the M1 if I told him which junction I was near; he said kind of. He wasn't sure after I explained so I have to phone back tomorrow. Its not a good first impression. I thought they would have software to look at or the very least a route planner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chez2 said:

Thanks. I'm trying to get through to Premier now. I think bendix has failed to understand what I have written. I want a decent taxi company where I will arrive safely and won't be scared whitless en route. The same taxi driver that nodded missed the car in front at traffic lights by a hair's breadth. I had to talk none stop to keep him awake. If he had done it again I was going to tell him to get out and I would drive.

My Bold

And dont forget, you get what you pay for, sounds like you went for the cheapest with the above?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Give John a call at Elite 07849344736, we have used him for years they are always on time with pleasant drivers.

Edited by DaveGas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, kidley said:

My Bold

And dont forget, you get what you pay for, sounds like you went for the cheapest with the above?

Haven't you read what I wrote? I am looking for a quality company (as always), that's why I asked for personal recommendations not just phone number. I'm capable of looking numbers up myself.  The prices were pretty much standard and we used two companies until the quality of their cars or drivers deteriorated, I have already explained this.  Some of the drivers and cars shouldn't to be on the road from my experience of them.  Several companies have been bought by one company, go to one switchboard or they work together as I found out at Christmas when booking a taxi for Christmas day for an elderly relative.

 

I'm sure there must be some decent taxi drivers out there. 

12 hours ago, kidley said:

 

 

Thanks Nikki and Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, JamesR123 said:

It will be more than that from where you are.  Will be nearer to £90 to get to Manchester and about £80 to East Midlands.

 

I have used Premier Airport Cars before.

I have just been quoted £123 round trip to East Midlands and £130 to Manchester for summer 2020  by Premier based on our postcode. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.