Recommendations for Mini bus or taxi hire for airport runs?

It will be more than that from where you are.  Will be nearer to £90 to get to Manchester and about £80 to East Midlands.

I have used Premier Airport Cars before.

Well, i just checked it on Uber and got a price of £65 and that's without booking in advance.

Now, don't bother me again. I'm off to call the supermarket to make sure they have the right ingredients in for a dinner I'm planning to cook in 2022.

2 minutes ago, bendix said:

Well, i just checked it on Uber and got a price of £65 and that's without booking in advance.

Now, don't bother me again. I'm off to call the supermarket to make sure they have the right ingredients in for a dinner I'm planning to cook in 2022.

Uber has just quoted £81-108 single trip; a really silly price LOL. 

I think Bendix is having as many issues with his uber app as he is with his polite button ;)

East Midlands will be 61-85.

I wouldn't risk Uber though on a pre booked journey.  Go for an airport service and you will pay roughly the prices I suggested above.

7 minutes ago, JamesR123 said:

I think Bendix is having as many issues with his uber app as he is with his polite button ;)

East Midlands will be 61-85.

I wouldn't risk Uber though on a pre booked journey.  Go for an airport service and you will pay roughly the prices I suggested above.

Thanks. I'm trying to get through to Premier now. I think bendix has failed to understand what I have written. I want a decent taxi company where I will arrive safely and won't be scared whitless en route. The same taxi driver that nodded missed the car in front at traffic lights by a hair's breadth. I had to talk none stop to keep him awake. If he had done it again I was going to tell him to get out and I would drive.

The guy at Premier didn't know Sheffield.....groan. How can you leave someone on a switchboard that doesn't know where the villages are when you explain? He asked the postcode but was none the wiser. I asked if he knew the different junctions along the M1 if I told him which junction I was near; he said kind of. He wasn't sure after I explained so I have to phone back tomorrow. Its not a good first impression. I thought they would have software to look at or the very least a route planner. 

4 hours ago, Chez2 said:

Thanks. I'm trying to get through to Premier now. I think bendix has failed to understand what I have written. I want a decent taxi company where I will arrive safely and won't be scared whitless en route. The same taxi driver that nodded missed the car in front at traffic lights by a hair's breadth. I had to talk none stop to keep him awake. If he had done it again I was going to tell him to get out and I would drive.

My Bold

And dont forget, you get what you pay for, sounds like you went for the cheapest with the above?

Give John a call at Elite 07849344736, we have used him for years they are always on time with pleasant drivers.

Edited by DaveGas

12 hours ago, kidley said:

My Bold

And dont forget, you get what you pay for, sounds like you went for the cheapest with the above?

Haven't you read what I wrote? I am looking for a quality company (as always), that's why I asked for personal recommendations not just phone number. I'm capable of looking numbers up myself.  The prices were pretty much standard and we used two companies until the quality of their cars or drivers deteriorated, I have already explained this.  Some of the drivers and cars shouldn't to be on the road from my experience of them.  Several companies have been bought by one company, go to one switchboard or they work together as I found out at Christmas when booking a taxi for Christmas day for an elderly relative.

I'm sure there must be some decent taxi drivers out there. 

12 hours ago, kidley said:

Thanks Nikki and Dave

22 hours ago, JamesR123 said:

It will be more than that from where you are.  Will be nearer to £90 to get to Manchester and about £80 to East Midlands.

I have used Premier Airport Cars before.

I have just been quoted £123 round trip to East Midlands and £130 to Manchester for summer 2020  by Premier based on our postcode.