Recommendations for Mini bus or taxi hire for airport runs?

train fare is easy on all the ticket sites. Can go from Sheffield or Meadowhall.

This is more than a year out of date, but the company I have used previously (1st Choice 1st Class) charged £58 each way.

We might need a taxi to Manchester Airport this Thursday. There are historic postings on this subject, but does anyone have recent experience/recommendations?

Highly recommend Ian Godbehere. Used him last week for Manchester airport run. His number is 07736 222137. Cost £70.

1st Choice 1st Class have always been perfect for me. 0114 233 1875.

Thanks for recommendations. Gone with 1st Choice 1st Class (£65).

I'm looking for recommendations for Taxi companies to phone for quotes.  We are bit out of touch with prices as we have been going from Doncaster and getting a lift off my dad or staying at Radisson Blu in Manchester. The prices have increased considerably at Radisson, hence looking to compare taxi prices. 

The taxi will be from Laughton near Dinnington, S25 for two adults to either East Midlands or Manchester airport.  The flights are in the early hours of the morning on a weekday. We are looking for next year, 2020. 

Thanks.

I dont mean to be funny, but there is such a thing as being over prepared.  What is the point of calling taxi companies now to get a quote for a trip happening in 2020?  Prices will likely change by the time you want to do your trip.

A cursory google search suggests that a fare is likely to cost £55-60.

41 minutes ago, bendix said:

I dont mean to be funny, but there is such a thing as being over prepared.  What is the point of calling taxi companies now to get a quote for a trip happening in 2020?  Prices will likely change by the time you want to do your trip.

A cursory google search suggests that a fare is likely to cost £55-60.

That taxi fare is way out on price for a return trip. Assuming you have quoted one way its still less than I expected based on what we were paying previously.

You are also incorrect on being over prepared. We book flight only which are limited seats, they hold seats back for the package deals. Usually by spring the best flights and prices have gone. Last year there weren't any flight only or package deals available for the dates and airports we wanted by spring time. This year there are still some available for the current summer season with the airlines that overpriced. The same airlines want even more for the flight next year whereas some are offering flights we want at a good price but the overnight stay and parking at Manchester make it too expensive, hence considering the taxi option.  Some of these flights will get snapped up so we will be left with dates and times we aren't keen on and the price will go up not down. 

The price I quoted was from a website today.  Like I said, Google is your friend.  It's not hard.  And yes it was for one way.

I don't understand what your flight arrangements have to do with your need to get quotes for a taxi in 2020, but never mind.  I get the need to book flights early for good deals.  But taxis?  Why do it so early?

8 minutes ago, bendix said:

The price I quoted was from a website today.  Like I said, Google is your friend.  It's not hard.  And yes it was for one way.

I don't understand what your flight arrangements have to do with your need to get quotes for a taxi in 2020, but never mind.  I get the need to book flights early for good deals.  But taxis?  Why do it so early?

I have already explained that. I need reliable taxi and realistic prices to decide which airport we go from not best guess from a website. I also want a recommendation because we have previously used a company and the driver kept nodding, falling  asleep at the wheel and another had a car that was dodgy. We went with them a few months later the same year and the same vehicle was still dodgy.  I have been so frightened by the way some of them have driven that I refused to go by taxi again, hence we have been driving ourselves or getting a lift off dad.

The more expensive flight from Doncaster may not be too bad compared to adding taxi prices on to the other two airports. We are not too keen on the flight times from Doncaster but neither of us fancies being up all night and driving  to be at Manchester or East Mids  for 2am. 

Until a few years ago we have always booked flights and taxis a year in advance. The prices have been kept the same as they took it in to consideration when taking the booking.