Recommendations for Mini bus or taxi hire for airport runs?

I've paid just under £28 for a weeks parking at Meet and Greet at Doncaster for a holiday in March

And don't pay to go in the drop off zone, I dropped somebody off in October and was allowed 15 minutes in the long stay car park without paying, but check before you do it to make sure that hasn't changed.

Another thing about Doncaster is that we went the other week and the meet and greet was cheaper than the long stay for parking.

That's why I normally fly from Manchester. Parking is cheap and pay as little as £12 P/W and a choice of airlines to multiple sun locations as well. Obviously, more international offerings as well!

---------- Post added 16-02-2017 at 09:54 ----------

that's what I always do.. give a mate £50 quid he will snatch your off.

---------- Post added 15-02-2017 at 18:11 ----------

sorry hand off

I'd give a lift for £50 :D

I've paid just under £28 for a weeks parking at Meet and Greet at Doncaster for a holiday in March

Good Price.

Do you realise your car is moved to another carpark within the boundaries of the airport. I would rather pay the extra to know my car will be in

the same spot that I left it, what ever time i get back.

Why not catch a train to Donny station and then get the bus from the station to the airport.

You can catch the X4 from the bus station, which is next to the train station, and it runs every 30 mins and drops you directly outside of the airport terminal. It takes about 20 mins from the bus station to the airport.

That's why I normally fly from Manchester. Parking is cheap and pay as little as £12 P/W and a choice of airlines to multiple sun locations as well. Obviously, more international offerings as well!

---------- Post added 16-02-2017 at 09:54 ----------

I'd give a lift for £50 :D

I know what you mean about Manchester, but we go to Spain at least twice between November and March and I always think it'll be easier to get to Doncaster in the event of bad weather. And with the new road it's a doddle.

Certainly give them a call. A friend of mine travels away almost every weekend regularly from Doncaster I'm positive he said the taxi firms have pretty much a flat fee for this sort of thing.

Good Price.

Do you realise your car is moved to another carpark within the boundaries of the airport. I would rather pay the extra to know my car will be in

the same spot that I left it, what ever time i get back.

Yes Have used similar set ups before and never had a problem.

I know what you mean about Manchester, but we go to Spain at least twice between November and March and I always think it'll be easier to get to Doncaster in the event of bad weather. And with the new road it's a doddle.

Same with me too, but M62 a good alternative to Woodhead and Snake. I'm not sure how Flybe are doing in their first year @DSA? Seems to be discounting a lot and when collecting a friend off an Amsterdam flight, it was practically empty!

Same with me too, but M62 a good alternative to Woodhead and Snake. I'm not sure how Flybe are doing in their first year @DSA? Seems to be discounting a lot and when collecting a friend off an Amsterdam flight, it was practically empty!

Thomson are using Flybe for some of their flights for holidays

in their Lakes and Mountains catalogue. Not sure if they will be using DSA though.

Edited by bazjea

Why not catch a train to Donny station and then get the bus from the station to the airport.

You can catch the X4 from the bus station, which is next to the train station, and it runs every 30 mins and drops you directly outside of the airport terminal. It takes about 20 mins from the bus station to the airport.

I like public transport but... The journey time is short via car or taxi. From my house it is typically between 35-40 minutes. Via Public transport ie, walk to bus stop, wait for bus, catch bus, walk to train station, wait for train, catch train arrive at Doncaster, wait for bus, catch bus, arrive at the airport. I get 1h30-1hr 50 on Google maps and for the return journey I get 2h20-2hr40 on google maps.

Now if you own a car or can afford a taxi or there are more than 1 of you travelling together paying full bus and rail fares then it makes sense to go via tax or car and not to use public transport.

I see what you are saying but the return train fare is only £7 and probably same for the bus. Take into account car parking then it becomes expensive. Yes going by your own car or taxi is quicker, bit if the OP is wanting to save money then public transport would be cheaper.

£110 in October 2016 with city cars.

That's expensive, it's only costing us that to drop us off and pick us back up from Manchester.