Recommendations for Mini bus or taxi hire for airport runs?

Never understood the concept of getting a taxi to the airport, its cheaper to either park there or get the train (even a hotel with parking will probably be cheaper).

Driving back to Sheffield after a 10 hour flight landing in the early hours of the morning isn't my idea of a good time, I would much prefer to pay £56 for someone else to do the honours!

And as mentioned, trains don't run all through the night, and may not be very convenient depending on how much luggage you have. ( you also then have to get from the train station to whichever suburb/area you live in.

Driving back to Sheffield after a 10 hour flight landing in the early hours of the morning isn't my idea of a good time, I would much prefer to pay £56 for someone else to do the honours!

And as mentioned, trains don't run all through the night, and may not be very convenient depending on how much luggage you have. ( you also then have to get from the train station to whichever suburb/area you live in.

Stay in a hotel with parking included, straight to be when you arrive and a steady drive back next morning.

As said before you can't if you don't drive and most people don't want to add more expense to their holiday :(

Stay in a hotel with parking included, straight to be when you arrive and a steady drive back next morning.

The cost of the hotel surely cancels out the savings of driving yourself? (I've not looked at the prices)

I'm sure it works out well for some, but for others (and us personally) it's more convenient to be dropped off right outside the departure terminal and picked up directly from arrivals without the hassle of carting luggage about whatnot - and at £56 each way it isn't really a big cost.

The cost of the hotel surely cancels out the savings of driving yourself? (I've not looked at the prices)

I'm sure it works out well for some, but for others (and us personally) it's more convenient to be dropped off right outside the departure terminal and picked up directly from arrivals without the hassle of carting luggage about whatnot - and at £56 each way it isn't really a big cost.

its not always cost. if i fly from london to far east. i will park car in hotel carpark and have a long relax evening before a long flight, if it is only a few hours i will get taxi as i want a relax mind before my travels

Never understood the concept of getting a taxi to the airport, its cheaper to either park there or get the train (even a hotel with parking will probably be cheaper).

Have you ever taken a long haul flight with a long bus or boat journey, not slept for 36 hours, over 24 hours resort to UK airport then tried to drive home from the airport? Thats why we have chosen taxis previously. Each airport and each airport car park can make a big difference on the price comparison between taxi and parking.

This year we only went short haul but decided to stay at Manchester Radison Blu. We checked our luggage in the previous night which meant we only had to get to the airport for 4am not 3am. There is a bridge from the Hotel to terminal 1. Other Hotels a little further away were much cheaper. It was competitively priced compared to a taxi as it included two weeks free parking. Breakfast in the Hotel would have made it expensive but we were having breakfast on the plane.

Mmmmm most of the hotels don't keep your car on site they move it to another secure location, I'm sure you may think again when you see how they drive it,

Mmmmm most of the hotels don't keep your car on site they move it to another secure location, I'm sure you may think again when you see how they drive it,

Some, not all car parks move your vehicle too. They said they need enough fuel for x amount of miles to move it to a car park so we made sure we left enough to get there and back with no spare fuel for joy riding. We also recorded the mileage.

We stopped having taxis as we have had some really bad ones. Some drivers had a very poor standard of their driving, we didn't feel safe. One almost crashed on too occasions by driving too fast and too close. Some the cars didn't even seem roadworthy. We went in the same taxi three months later and it still had the same problems. The last straw was when the driver fell asleep at the wheel last August. It was a mid day / early afternoon taxi not the middle of the night / early hours.

I wouldn't use the train, too many strikes at peak times or coinciding when we have been on holiday anyway. Its also as much hassle and quite expensive for us to get to the train station as it is to get to the airport.

Edited by Chez2

You must have been unlucky then chez,I've have 4 driving tests to reach the standard I'm at so we are all not in the same bracket,

Just been looking at prices and coming in at almost £70 to park for a fortnight then add your petrol costs £15 - £20. If it is only £56 each way then only paying about £25 more for the pleasure of being driven is worth it.

Can anyone recommend a firm to take 6 people to Manchester airport please.

Hello redanne,

Try giving Tony a ring 01246 419167. very reliable.