Women to lose their old age pension

This has been part of the plan ever since the new pension was designed. It has absolutely nothing to do with Brexit.

The new pension is a bit of a disaster all round. Far from simplifying the whole business with a flat rate, it has made it infinitely more complex and difficult to work out. Very few people will be receiving the promised £155.

The proviso whereby married women could rely on their husband's contributions have gone and women must now be responsible for their own contributions. This has not been publicised nearly enough, so it's about time the government let people know in a clear unambiguous fashion in time for them to make arrangements.

I have no idea what carers are supposed to do, (I'm talking about people who have to give up work to look after a disabled/ill member of their family. When you think how little they get, and yet how much they have saved the government, it's a travesty.

Ahhh, I've just heard that registered carers have their 'stamp' paid as part of their benefit, which is about £60.

Edited by Anna B

If they haven't worked for 10 years then they haven't contributed at all. Do they deserve a pension?

If they have been living off their partners income, they shall continue to do so.

The younger members of the family can also step in.

This has been part of the plan ever since the new pension was designed. It has absolutely nothing to do with Brexit.

Please don't confuse the Leave crowd with your true facts.

They prefer being lied to, the truth only gives them a headache.

Absolutely disgusting. I thought the Conservatives were supposed to be the 'family' party?

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha...that's brilliant. Might as well have said "I thought the Conservatives weren't full of people from Eton who only care about their posh chums in the City" :hihi:

Please don't confuse the Leave crowd with your true facts.

They prefer being lied to, the truth only gives them a headache.

Do you generalise much?

If they haven't worked for 10 years then they haven't contributed at all. Do they deserve a pension?

If they have been living off their partners income, they shall continue to do so.

The younger members of the family can also step in.

I happen to think that raising the next generation properly is one of the best contributions women can make to society. And believe me, it is genuine work. Unfortunately it is grossly undervalued by this strange new world we live in.

I happen to think that raising the next generation properly is one of the best contributions women can make to society. And believe me, it is genuine work. Unfortunately it is grossly undervalued by this strange new world we live in.

:clap::clap::clap: Well said.

could I just add 'or men' to your quote though, please - although I know the thread is about women, there are many stay at home dads that do this role very well too.

Without wanting to appear condescending (at all), for what might be the first time ever, I'm going to officially 'like' one of your posts. Very well said, Anna.

As for the issue. Just another 'stealth' contribution grabbed from the middle class. It's got to be used to it by now, surely.

I totally agree, but then does that mean said contribution needs to be results tested??

If your child(ren) turn out to be terrible people should the mother loose all related benefits for not 'doing a good job'

Should they be made to pay claimed benefits back?

I totally agree, but then does that mean said contribution needs to be results tested??

If your child(ren) turn out to be terrible people should the mother loose all related benefits for not 'doing a good job'

Should they be made to pay claimed benefits back?

Would you extend that retroactive principle to people who are made redundant?

After all, they can't have been 'doing a good job' if the company they work for ends up going under.

:twisted:

PS: don't be mentioning the issue being out of their hands, e.g. through deficient management or economic downturn. After all, no mother ever has so much influence and 'power' on her kids, as to always and steadfastly prevent them from falling in with the wrong crowd or developing psychopathic tendencies.

Edited by L00b

Would you extend that retroactive principle to people who are made redundant?

After all, they can't have been 'doing a good job' if the company they work for ends up going under.

Well that'd mean paying back all their national insurance payments surely?

I agree entirely with that. Call me old fashioned if you want, but I think bringing children up is a vitally important job and I hate the way successive governments have demonized mother's into getting an outside job.