Hillsbrough park mess

Went to Hillsborough park on Sunday the weather was lovely but it rained heavily on Saturday so it was like a quagmire, nobody's fault so no complaints about that.

There was a funfair, great I like a funfair, plenty of food places, very few stalls though. No displays by the military and emergency services or others. It was a bit disappointing[/QUOT

None of these displays were part of this show unlike the old Sheffield Show, but things advertised for this one did take place, arena events, falconry, vintage cars, buses and scooters, music stage, food stalls, trade stalls, community stalls, Graves park scarecrow making ans a fun fair. I was there and saw all these things but unfortunately heavy rain on the Saturday had left its mark on parts of the ground.

I went on Saturday, and there was practically nothing to see, about a dozen tents/stalls (Including the food vans) and a few funfair rides. i thought it was a poor showing considering it was supposed to be a celebration of sheffield.

the ground was sodden so my chair got stuck in the mud.

All in all fairly disapointing. I went to firth park festival on the sunday, and that had much more to see. and in a much smaller area.

Agree good to see the park used for events , but down side is the big tyre dints/divits left . if any football teams play/train on grass - injuries tend to happen.

I for one am glad to see Hillsborough park been used for events, for a big major city there are far to few events to go and see/enjoy ,,more power to the people who organized these events good on them, Maybe they should hold more event their encouraging people to get there using the tram or buses to which it is well severed by, Good events do make money for people that is in part what there about! Whether it be the council ,local business etc, I am sure the grass will quickly recover, if needs be with the help of the on-site council gardeners there.

There are loads of events on in this city I just think we lack a co-ordinated process for promoting them. Many events get put on and have a very poor turnout, for whatever reason, and that puts promoters or whoever off.