Cottage lane school formally Whiteley woods school

Hi Mick

I have been thinking about school life & I think I remember where you fit in or maybe not ( memory loss ). Did you know a William Bolsover? My memory is saying you two left at the same time,I left with the next batch Autum I think it was. I seem to recall you but I knew David Mitchell + Alan White. Anyhow it is good to hear from someone in the class evan if we did not know eachother enouth. thanks Barrie Butcher

Edited by grave lurker

My friends brother went in the early 60's his name is John Avery, he is 60 now.

Hi, I don't think I knew a John Avery as I did not go there till about 1968 & left there in 1971. It would be nice to see a list of the kids names in the class as I can,t remember a lot of them by name just remember a lot of faces. But a long time has passed, it would be nice to know how some of them got on beyond school.

I think I was a pain in school for all the right reasons. i remember going with school to the city hall. The next day it was advertised in the star as for disabled and deprived children. The next time there was a trip I refused to go. I told miss Robson (head) that I did not consider myself deprived or disabled so I was not going to take someone place.

I stayed at school and a teacher had to stay behind to look after me.

hello came across these posts on whitely wood school i too went to this school and know of the mitchell family and used to be friends with david mitchell also remember kevin smith ,mick davison etc i was in class1 which used to be in room that was used for dinners, have not seen david mitchell for 30+ years we used to have lambretta scooters when aged 17

hi i remember david he used to play cornet at school i used to play cornet/trumpet. i think he left the year before me.

hello came across these posts on whitely wood school i too went to this school and know of the mitchell family and used to be friends with david mitchell also remember kevin smith ,mick davison etc i was in class1 which used to be in room that was used for dinners, have not seen david mitchell for 30+ years we used to have lambretta scooters when aged 17

Hi.top pilot glad to see someone that remembers me (Mick davison). I also remember being in class 1 Mrs worrals class in the dining room I also remember when I first started at the school some years earlier, that we had to go to sleep on a type of camp bed after we had our lunch, allthough i dont think anyone actually got to sleep. i would like to know your name as i dont remember anyone called top pilot. Also I would love to know what happened to Kevin smith after all these years if you could shed any light on the matter. Thanks Mick davison

hello mick my name is david white, i used to make models in class , the only person i have seen in recent years is lewis wright as i worked in motor trade and lewis worked at lucas services before they finished trading,i used to meet up with david mitchell as we both had lambretta scooters35+years ago my forum name is because my brother in law named me as i fly model helicopters as hobby

when i was in class one it was mr broughtons class. i also remember camp beds, I found the experience humiliating. i was 10 years old going to bed after dinner was for nursery kids.

does any one remember the heat teacher miss Robson and the school nurse they used to smoke and the office was full of cigarette smoke

Hi, yes I remember her well, I was always getting sent to her office for some deed. I posted a pix of her on my Friends Reunited site. The nurse's uniform always looked ready to split, it was so tight. Fond memories, great times. I knew David mitchelle+ David White they left together I left the Term after. My main friend was Paul Bradshaw, always wanted to know what became of him.

Loving this thread...talk about taking you back!

I was at Whiteley for about two years circa 1968-1970. I remember a Miss Stevenson slapping my wrist for holding hands with my first flame Carole Broughton during the enforced after dinner nap. Imagine trying to get kids that age to lie down quietly for half an hour in the middle of the day!

I also remember Miss Winkworth, firm but kind and a peripatetic music teacher called Mrs Fours.

I lived on the same street as Christine Parkin and am sorry to report that she died as the result of an asthma attack when she was 18. Absolutely tragic.

I also remeber Gary Schemmels, and Mark Mould.

I returned to an ordinary smoggy school at age 10 so never experienced the delights of Mr Broughton.

The memory of hot chocolate and potted dog sandwiches upon arrival will be remembered fondly forever. Ahhh