Sheffield bumble bees dropping like flies?

My garden is full of them due to seeded areas of native plants (native wildflower mix) and areas left to flowering weeds. Other species of bee also evident. Butterflies a bit thin on the ground though even though there's plenty of butterfly attracting plants.

My garden is full of them due to seeded areas of native plants (native wildflower mix) and areas left to flowering weeds. Other species of bee also evident. Butterflies a bit thin on the ground though even though there's plenty of butterfly attracting plants.

Similar for us, worried about the butterflies, not seen any caterpillars either.

Yes me too keep seeing them dead this year! But I've Also noticed them for the last 3 years.

Sometimes they're exhausted and the best thing you can do is give them honey. i heard it on a programme a couple of years ago and since then I've restored several comatose bees with a drop of the amber nectar.

It's so gratifying watching them hover it up with their proboscis, then within a few minutes they're off, full of life. They need all the help they can get

i don't think your supposed to give them honey, I could be wrong though. thought it was something to do with disease spread if the honey was contaminated.

I read the best thing to give them is sugar mixed with water. Done this a few times and they usually fly off after eating some.

The big bees are more prone to collapsing, so I've taken to carrying a little bottle of sugar water, if I see one comatose, I carry it to a plant and give it a few drops on a leaf. Bee doctor me

The Bee's dying and thats all the types of Bee's including honey Bee's over the last few years is a big problem because without the Bee's we cannot survive.

The big bees are more prone to collapsing, so I've taken to carrying a little bottle of sugar water, if I see one comatose, I carry it to a plant and give it a few drops on a leaf. Bee doctor me ��

and I thought it was only me that went around rescuing bees, but seemingly not, which is great :)

Similar for us, worried about the butterflies, not seen any caterpillars either.

Not seen a caterpillar in years, and i am a keen gardener

I too have found a disturbing number of dead bumble bees, but I put it down to the heavy rainfalls knocking them off the plants and drowning them.

The ones that have taken up residence in my loft definitely aren't dead!