Sheffield immigration and integration

I would love to live next door to you Tim :hihi:

Just imagine the banter ;)

---------- Post added 28-06-2016 at 11:38 ----------

At least two shootings in the Wicker and Spital Hill in the last few years leading to people being killed.

I recall one poor kid being gunned down in what appeared to be a gang related crime on Derek Dooley way, they weren't from the area. Other than that, I don't recall any murders in that area, at all.

I would be very upset, but that is more to do with football....:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Why, the Icelandic team knocked the Netherlands out of Euro2016!

Oh, you mean... yes, that could be an issue, although it isn't with the Blades in the area, we regularly share a beer and lament Sheffield football in general ;)

Just imagine the banter ;)

---------- Post added 28-06-2016 at 11:38 ----------

I recall one poor kid being gunned down in what appeared to be a gang related crime on Derek Dooley way, they weren't from the area. Other than that, I don't recall any murders in that area, at all.

Why, the Icelandic team knocked the Netherlands out of Euro2016!

Oh, you mean... yes, that could be an issue, although it isn't with the Blades in the area, we regularly share a beer and lament Sheffield football in general ;)

I bet you only live round the corner from me, if you ever see a Blades shirt anywhere near Asda, that's probably me...:hihi::hihi::hihi:

I think a point a lot of people miss, is these areas mentioned on this thread would still be dirty and have a high crime rate without immigrants; it's not the race of the people living there, it's the demographics that they attract. Areas with high unemployment and low income are never beautiful, and are never crime free.

The Manor in the 80s was notoriously bad, yet was considered a no go area for anyone who wasn't white British, so blaming immigrants for places being awful is silly.

Never a more truer word spoken.

In a similar vein look at Maltby - large parts of that place make Firth Park etc look like paradise and it probably has about 3 families of non white people(i might be exaggarating) and a small but growing white migrant workers.

I bet you only live round the corner from me, if you ever see a Blades shirt anywhere near Asda, that's probably me...:hihi::hihi::hihi:

I see Blades shirts all the time, but from now on I will approach all of them asking if they are you ;)

What problem occurs?

Well last few weeks down wicker muggingand stabbing reported ! Broad daylight 1230 lunhctime and 730 at night!

I think a point a lot of people miss, is these areas mentioned on this thread would still be dirty and have a high crime rate without immigrants.

Darnall, and Page Hall up to the 1980's were undoubtedly poor working class areas but were clean, respectable and relatively crime free, and coming from them carried no stigma apart for the fact that you and yours were were not that well off.

To compere them with the Darnall and Page Hall of today is well ........

Edited by mickyboy

Well last few weeks down wicker muggingand stabbing reported ! Broad daylight 1230 lunhctime and 730 at night!

It's disgraceful, all these armed robberies in broad daylight.

Some suburbs of Sheffield are just too violent and nobody feels safe there.

Murder in Sheffield suburb.

Armed robbery in Sheffield suburb.

Guns used in armed robbery very near previous suburb.

It's disgraceful, all these armed robberies in broad daylight.

Some suburbs of Sheffield are just too violent and nobody feels safe there.

Murder in Sheffield suburb.

Armed robbery in Sheffield suburb.

Guns used in armed robbery very near previous suburb.

I was going to make the point max made, but he made it far far better than I would have ;)

my bold=

You can't be on about page hall then as due to selective licencing all rental property's need a licence which is obtained by bringing the property upto a minimum standard......

Sorry Have been mis lead by articles in the press showing tenants pointing at damp and shut down gas appliances ETC.

Sorry Have been mis lead by articles in the press showing tenants pointing at damp and shut down gas appliances ETC.

That must be what they class as 'minimum' standards :hihi:

One in the Caribbean club in the Wicker and one outside the barbers shop up Spital Hill .

but you must remember -- integration means the original population giving way to the immigrants, in every way.!!!

Absolute nonsense.