Scaffolders in sheffield

I had a new roof over 2 months ago and some of the scaffolding is still in place at the front of the house.

Over this 2 months I've contacted the builder on many occasions and he gave me lots of excuses as to why he'd not moved the scaffold.

Now he's just ignoring my calls!

I paid in full when asked when the job had finished and am just really getting annoyed now.

Does anybody have any idea what I can do?

Hi Sarabran is the scaffolding still in place

I would write to him by recorded delivery. Provide a date within a reasonable time frame as to when you request he removes the scaffolding by and inform him that if he fails to remove it by this time then you will arrange to have it removed and disposed of.

You can also include that you will look to recover the cost of having it removed and disposed of from him.

Do it by the book and save yourself any hassle later down the line.

I couldn't have put it better myself

Need a tower scaffolding to be delivered to stannington need it for 2 day

You'd be best ringing a tool hire place like Speedy or Jewsons.

ill get u a number after 4pm i know someone who has some

Banner plant Callywhite Lane Dronfield (Henry Boot Group)

Does anyone know who does a good job at scaffolding and how much it would cost to fully scaffold around a semi-detatched house? Ball park figures if possible

Thanks for any advice in advance

There is good and there is cheap but hard to find both!

I use Trident, they are very good. Internal ladders, brick guards trap doors at access points etc. But not cheap.

Before you get an idea of price is your semi requiring 1 scafflod board lift or 2? Does it have a gable end with an apex (going to a point)?

A good company which is not quite as good as the above but acceptable is BC Scaffolding but they are only a small company and are often too busy to take any work on.

There are cheap companies I know of but I will not mention them. How H&S has not shut them down yet I will never know.

I need a good reliable contact, or an alternative way to paint the front of my house.

Can any body recommend some decent scaffolders please for a domestic job? I would like someone with a reputation for safety and not damaging property. And not too expensive, either.

Thank you.

Mate of mine uses Steel City Scaffold everytime he needs one.