Nursing homes in Sheffield-recommendations please

Sadly last year our mum was found to be too poorly to look after her self. We as a family were advised mum had to go into a Nursing Home.

Mum has type 1 Diabetes and Dementia, we've had no end of problems with the manager of the nursing home (that we and mum choose, staff friendly caring residents happy, sadly this all changed when mum moved in) the woman is rude, abrupt and shows no empathy at all.

I've involved CQC, we need to move mum, but until the LPA is finalised were stuck.

Please if anyone has any recommendations, stories about there loved ones being well cared for, being treat with dignity, please send me a message.

Thank you,

Kay

Which home is your mum currently in PM me with details. I am in the same boat at the moment.

We can't recommend care homes but wanted to check you knew of the Sheffield Directory which, as well as having a listing of Sheffields care homes it also has this useful checklist.

http://search3.openobjects.com/kb5/sheffield/directory/advice.page?id=_SQ1YSr16tU

Hope of some help to you both.

Are you sure that your Mum has nursing needs since type 1 diabetes and dementia can easily be dealt with in the residential care home setting.

thank you for the help responses i have received, mainly by PM, understandably.

Daven- thank you for your comment but residential homes don't have the properly trained nursing care, which is needed for diabetes, my mum has been diabetic for more than 40 yrs.

She has been non symptomatic hypo and has had nill hypo awareness for the last 18 months. Mum is an 'erratic diabetic' as quoted by her consultant.