Advice on how to fix my computer

Hey

My computer has decided to die on me. Yesterday it crashed and I had to do a full reset and ever since it keeps coming up repair failed and Windows failed to install/repair. I have no back up because I deleted everything because I wanted a full reset anyway. Windows will not install or run after I reset it.

Can I do anything?

Thanks

It could be any number of things...

From a simple corrupted file somewhere, to possibly a dying/faulty Hard Drive..

What version of windows are you installing? and where from? (DVD, USB?)

Most PCs and laptops come with a recovery partition, which allows you restore the laptop to full factory default. I assume when you have done a factory reset it's the Windows 8/8.1/10 reset function rather than a complete recovery.

What model of PC/laptop do you have?

Most PCs and laptops come with a recovery partition, which allows you restore the laptop to full factory default. I assume when you have done a factory reset it's the Windows 8/8.1/10 reset function rather than a complete recovery.

What model of PC/laptop do you have?

Previous to Windows 8/10 yes, but 8 and 10 have an option to fully reinstall, deleting everything and reinstalling, instead of just a 'refresh'

Previous to Windows 8/10 yes, but 8 and 10 have an option to fully reinstall, deleting everything and reinstalling, instead of just a 'refresh'

They do indeed - but in my experience there is still normally a recovery partition which may be a useful alternative if the reset option isn't working as expected.

They do indeed - but in my experience there is still normally a recovery partition which may be a useful alternative if the reset option isn't working as expected.

Manufacturers (since windows 8) don't put a 'recovery partition' on, as that's what the windows "refresh and reset" feature is designed for...

there is a small partition that windows creates, with backup system files, and recovery stuff in case you can't boot, you can force it into advanced options and reinstall/restart/refresh/go to safe mode etc from there...

I've tried all what your talking about, none of it has worked, it's literally as though it doesn't exist on there anymore.

And my computer is Cyber power, asus motherboard, i5 Intel. It's about 3-4 years old but I wouldn't expect this as it's worked perfectly and I've kept it in good condition.

Still not sure what to do, neither can I afford repairs or anything right now

You do not say the version of windows you are using, below are links to w8 and w10 download tools to create the appropriate installation disc.

The installation disc contains software tools to aid the repair of a windows installation.

so if you boot from the disc you can try and repair your existing installation.

W8 download tool

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows8

w10 download tool

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

Hi

If you haven't had any luck so far., you could take it to these guys http://www.ehallam.com/. They are based in Walkley. You can give them a call to see if they could help they helped my sons friend with a similar problem.

Hi there, we would be happy to take a look, we are located on South Road in Walkley, if your unable to make the trip we do have a collection service. pm us if you need help :thumbsup:

I've tried all what your talking about, none of it has worked, it's literally as though it doesn't exist on there anymore.

And my computer is Cyber power, asus motherboard, i5 Intel. It's about 3-4 years old but I wouldn't expect this as it's worked perfectly and I've kept it in good condition.

Still not sure what to do, neither can I afford repairs or anything right now

Have you tried their telephone support line?:

https://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/support/

Hi there, we would be happy to take a look, we are located on South Road in Walkley, if your unable to make the trip we do have a collection service. pm us if you need help :thumbsup:

Emailed you