Anyone come from Grimesthorpe?

so where did gollands live then

The yard below it was Crappers, my uncle jack, Then ? and then Gollands, I will be awake now all night thinking of ? will ring our Roy tmrw he will know:confused:

is that carol and malcolms mum nettie,bonnie lady with white hair.shex

Hi she :wave:

yes it is carol and malcolm's mum.

she was a friend of my mum's

The yard below it was Crappers, my uncle jack, Then ? and then Gollands, I will be awake now all night thinking of ? will ring our Roy tmrw he will know:confused:
the wards lived in that yard,did the davisons know the pinders did but dont know when.kath pinder,tony pinder think there was another 2.

the wards lived in that yard,did the davisons know the pinders did but dont know when.kath pinder,tony pinder think there was another 2.
off to feather now,don't forget to ask keith catlin if he had a sister called carol.nite nite all:thumbsup: Edited by happyhippy
fixed tags

Remembered ? was Mr & mrs Simpson, then Gollands, next yard below where the steps went onto Ruthin st, was Elaine was daughter, surname still thinking, then Wards, then Mrs Thackeray my aunt & cousins, then Kath a big girl with blonde hair, my aunt left in early 60s, then i cant remember who came in, :heyhey:

Sadly no cat631. Both brothers were in the army but neither served in the Falklands

Hello KayLis. It was Sgt. Ian McKay who was posthumously awarded The VC. I may be wrong but think the McKay family lived on Rothay Road at one time.

I've sent you a PM.

I lived in the prefabs on Margate Drive from 1958 to 1966,i can remember the Morleys and the Pryors who lived on Margate also,i went to Oakwood school on Devon road and then up to Firshill,then finally to Firth park

Hello martS5, welcome to the Grimesthorpe thread. You may know Dave Watkins (Dommy) who posts on here. He too lived on Margate.

Of course most people move on and usually better themselves. That's what life is about. What this thread is about is how our lives were formed and the friendships we developed. Those who feel bitter about Grimesthorpe were probably unfortunate enough to have unhappy childhoods and a lack of family support. Muck and grime don't matter to children. It's the warmth you feel when you come home from school or work. The pranks you get up to when out playing as youngsters. Being able to rely on neighbours and friends in times of trouble. Of course many would not want to go back now simply because the area has changed so completely. Just read the comments. Many friendships were formed and are still binding. I live away from Sheffield but when I visit Heather and Ray regularly it is still 'coming home' to me. My mother lived on Wansfell until her death in 2005 and I loved going back to the old house. She would not let me buy her a house somewhere else as all her memories were there. That says something about Grimesthorpe.

How sad that some people haven't kept in touch with their sisters.

Sorry just been reading some of the comments a few pages back.

Edited by Morty

Hello martS5, welcome to the Grimesthorpe thread. You may know Dave Watkins (Dommy) who posts on here. He too lived on Margate.

Hi cat631

didnt know that many people,i was 8 when we moved to norwood,i have good memories of the area though,i now live in southern Spain and think back to the early days. My father used to look after the Hallcar Tavern when the landlord and landlady were on holiday,sed mto stay there for a couple of weeks

Hi she :wave:

yes it is carol and malcolm's mum.

she was a friend of my mum's

did you say she was a nice woman nettie???? i was playing hide and seek with carol one day and i hid under the side if malcolms car he got in and drove over me and cut my knees did she have any sympathy NO :confused: what she did do was slap me and send me home without even bothering to look at my knees even though she saw the blood :rant::rant:still i got some sweets off my mam to make up for it :D and do you know what when i used to call for carol after that she used to say wait there close the door and shout carol never mind i forgive you for bringing it all back to me:rolleyes:

Remembered ? was Mr & mrs Simpson, then Gollands, next yard below where the steps went onto Ruthin st, was Elaine was daughter, surname still thinking, then Wards, then Mrs Thackeray my aunt & cousins, then Kath a big girl with blonde hair, my aunt left in early 60s, then i cant remember who came in, :heyhey:
think the blond your thinking of was ann first house up the steps.

:thumbsup: